MIDI-Input function / problems

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
julianb240393

Hi Guys,

I am trying to trigger some Buttons in the Virtual Console with a MIDI-Device. I want to build a Footswitch with an Arduino and get the MIDI-Signals through "hairless-midi-bridge" and "LoopMIDI" into QLC+.
So for this I have a button on an digital-input of the arduino. That works. In the Monitor of hairless-midi-bridge there is "Note-On" and "Note-Off" or "Note-On Vel.127" and "Note-On Vel.0" for Midi Channel 1, Note C-2.

But if I configure the Midi-Input in QLC and "Auto-Detect" it to my button, if I hit the switch, it only works in 8 out of 10 times, that the button in QLC really activates or deactivates.
Each time I hit the switch, the button in QLC "blinks" but most times, nothing happens. You gotta have luck, that the button activates.

What could this be ? Anyone had this problem before ?
julianb240393

Anyone who knows what the problem could be ?
I can make a video if that helps.
GGGss

I'd start to log all midi commands into a .txt file. I think there are debugging tools for that.
This is the only way to monitor midi signals.

Now to your 'fault': it might be that your switch has to be debounced. Is there a possibility that when you press the switch it actually makes / breaks signals 2 or 3 times? This would lead to multiple double midi commands - ergo QLC+ buttons blinking but not doing anything.

Did you create an input-profile for your setup? Did you apply the 'simulate 2nd press' to some channels?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
julianb240393

GGGss wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:22 am Now to your 'fault': it might be that your switch has to be debounced. Is there a possibility that when you press the switch it actually makes / breaks signals 2 or 3 times? This would lead to multiple double midi commands - ergo QLC+ buttons blinking but not doing anything.

Did you create an input-profile for your setup? Did you apply the 'simulate 2nd press' to some channels?
The program of the arduino does only output 1 single note, when I press the switch. In the MIDI-bridge I can see this, but I will try to log the MIDI-Data to see that exactly.

I also created a Input-Profile and tried all the options, but nothing worked