Lock VC Layout

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
BJB

Hello,
New user and really impressed with this software.
Not sure if there is an answer to this query, but is there any way to lock the layout of features on the VC screen once you are satisfied with their position etc?
I know you can prevent resizing of frames, but can't find anything more than that.
Just to explain a little further. When I have sliders on the VC screen, and forget if I am in design or run mode, continually I go to adjust a slider only to find I am moving the slider widget out of its neatly arranged position.
Otherwise, this software is fantastic. I particularly like the flexibility and the way you can set it up in so many different ways. Imagine you have the scenario where inexperienced lighting operators need something dead simple in front of them. Eg. "Press this button when these lights are required, move this slider when "x" happens and so on". No overly complex layouts covering every option ever imagined - you can just pare it back to exactly what is needed for a particular show.
GGGss

Welcome to the forum,

You have to make a distinct difference between behaviour when you are touching controls vs when an operator uses it.
When you make a mistake you can correct it again. In stand-alone scenarios you have the kiosk mode at your disposal. Have a look here: https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... eters.html
In kiosk mode you cannot change anything. (Even the shutdown can be disabled)... But then again: you operating QLC+, you will have to stop kiosk mode, start QLC+ normally, load the project, make the needed changes, save the new version of the project and then go back to kiosk-mode. For little tweaks here and there, I stay in the live-mode.
You are correct in your statements that QLC+ can be a very versatile lighting (and more) tool.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore