Realistic pipedreams

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
electivefool

Hi, I'm new to QLC but I have recently been using it to control a rig made of 20 RGB panels, 2 led washes and 5 led pars. I'm busking EDM on a midi controller of some sort.

I understand that qlc is a project of love and that everyone has their own use cases to deal with but I can see that the Devs are active in this forum so here is my personal wish list.

1) Shoot off buttons
I press a button to trigger a shoot on sequence with 8 scenes, after the 8th scene the button deactivates itself.

2) Button/Function priority
With most lighting software is possible to have a look established and use chasers (that temporarily override other functions that use the same fixtures)
Almost as if the fixtures are temporarily LTP until the function is stopped

3) Linking animation widget to multiple functions
I have made several duplicate groups to utilise RGB mapping and I'm editing live using animation widgets. I have to repeat the same 13 start colours for every function

4) Executor fade times
Buttons in QLC "snap" off, especially between solo buttons. I would like to be able to control the Cross fade between functions 1 & 2. MA does this on something similar to QLCs time widget.

5) sin wave/PWM based effect templates for RGB matrix

Thanks for the hard work that obviously went into the software! It's much more intuitive than chamsys IMO
GGGss

electivefool wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:58 am 1) Shoot off buttons
I press a button to trigger a shoot on sequence with 8 scenes, after the 8th scene the button deactivates itself.
Can be accomplished using the loopback magic, where you trigger a scene in a loopback universe. This starts your 8 step sequence. Now on the 9th step you add a scene, resetting the loopback trigger and done.
electivefool wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:58 am 2) Button/Function priority
With most lighting software is possible to have a look established and use chasers (that temporarily override other functions that use the same fixtures)
Almost as if the fixtures are temporarily LTP until the function is stopped
Feature request - asked for a ton of times... A sort of TEMP priority, overriding until released.
electivefool wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:58 am 3) Linking animation widget to multiple functions
I have made several duplicate groups to utilise RGB mapping and I'm editing live using animation widgets. I have to repeat the same 13 start colours for every function
I think there are other solutions for this, like collections. 1 trigger does all that belongs to the collection.
electivefool wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:58 am 4) Executor fade times
Buttons in QLC "snap" off, especially between solo buttons. I would like to be able to control the Cross fade between functions 1 & 2. MA does this on something similar to QLCs time widget.
A fade out time built into the scenes can sometimes be of help. You cannot change this time afterwards. MA v3 has trouble doing this in conjunction with phasers, but that is MA world - not QLC+
electivefool wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:58 am 5) sin wave/PWM based effect templates for RGB matrix
What about excluding the intensity channels from the matrix and solving this on another level?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore