Recomandation DMX/USB Interface

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
kadi

Hey, i'am using an mpPro with M1 chip. Can somebody recomande me an easy working DMX Interface?

The Eurolite MK2 Pro don't work. But it seems to be a common Problem.

Thanks
GGGss

Have a look at the list of the supported devices: https://www.qlcplus.org/features.html
Then you will have to decide: do I want an intelligent device connected to your USB port, a network device, or a simple USB interface? Depending on the complexity of your project and needs they all come with a cost.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
kadi

I saw the list. But for example the Eurolite USB DMX512 Pro MK2 is listed but i don't get it to work as many people here.

I would need a USB / DMX Interface with Input/output.

Would great to hear some recommendation where it has worked plug and play

Kind Regards
GGGss

"Plug and play" as long you install the drivers that is...
If you want input and output in one interface, a dual channel interface is needed. I personally use several EntTec MK2 PRO with no burden at all. (Make sure the USB cable is attached to the body firmly. The micro USB connector is a weak spot together with harsh stage conditions.) You will need to set the mode with the PRO manager so tell the device, 1 is output and the other input. (So not really plug and play after all but once set, it's for life)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
edogawa

The PRO manager isn't available anymore from ENTTEC, they replaced it by their EMU software which has a dialog to configure their interfaces.

I think this is a terrible move from a FOSS perspective - PRO manager was Windows/Mac only too, but at least it was a relatively small program and not some DJ lighting software I'm not interested in... I couldn't even find where to switch mode to 1 input 1 output, but admittedly I was in a hurry, fed up by having to install this etc. ... will give it a try again at occasion.
GGGss

Edgar, or kadi,
Ask for the install files for the pro manager when needed.

Since I noticed that support is zero to none when a company is bought by someone else, I do keep record of all tools and tricks available at the time of purchase (and personal install). And prefferably the stand-alone version, so you don't need -in future no longer available- .net or other C## configs. This way I can assure me that in the near or vast future, I get this damned hardware piece of Sh*t working again... (To the OP: Not referring to the EntTec device whatsoever now)

Back to topic: An other suggestion I have is that you 'invest' in a Raspberry Pi solution together with the BitWizzard DMX interface -raspi-hat... Nifty combination! Some config work will have to be done in Ubuntu O.S. - there are many many instructions available, but you will have to gather them together - but in the end you will get a QLC+ computer (webinterface host you can command with your portable phone or tablet) AND a DMX output.
[edit]
You wanted an IN and a DMX output - right? ^^ above solution is not viable for you then... Unless you build 2 Raspi's, network them together and you will be sooo future proof in all kinds of productions. Having an DMX input universe in my toolbox has become very very handy!
[/edit] .
edogawa

I also keep backups of installers for important-to-me software, so thanks, I'm sure I have a zipfile on some of my computers or backup drives.

Thanks nevertheless, Fredje