Differnet behaviour of LTP since 4.12.3 still in 4.12.5 - works fine in 4.12.1

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
Revie

I have a hazer with two channels for fog/pump and fan-speed. There are two manual sliders and a script, that sets fan-speed and fog/pump to a definded level for some seconds. Both channels of the hazer are in LTP mode.
In QLC 4.12.1 everything works as expected: After the scriped is finished or after it is stopped the channel-values go back to the values of the sliders. Since 4.12.3 and also tested in 4.12.5 only the first channel (fog/pump) goes back to the old value - the second channel (fan) goes to 0... This is not as expected. Please take a look at the screenshots and the attached project. You can see the different behaviours in the channel monitor on the right side in the different versions of qlc.
Can I get the old behaviour of 4.12.1 back into the 4.12.5 version? Or is there a trick or a workaround?
Thank you in advance :-)
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-27 um 08.07.22.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-27 um 08.04.57.png
Hazer.qxw
(4.26 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
mcallegari

This is what you have in your project:

Code: Select all

<Fixture>
   <Manufacturer>Stairville</Manufacturer>
   <Model>Hz-200 DMX</Model>
   <Mode>Default</Mode>
   <ID>0</ID>
   <Name>Hz-200 DMX</Name>
   <Universe>0</Universe>
   <Address>221</Address>
   <Channels>2</Channels>
   <ForcedLTP>0</ForcedLTP>
  </Fixture>
You have only the first channel forced to LTP and your screenshot show "Generic smoke" with two HTP channels.
Basically you're not using the proper Stairville fixture.
Please review your settings before saying QLC+ doesn't work correctly.
Revie

Thank you very much for your answer.
I overwrote every channel with LTP in the settings (see attachment) - but the xml doesn't show a different value for "ForcedLTP" and I can't see a difference.
How can I set the "ForcedLTP" for every channel?
Thank you so much!
Attachments
Hazer.qxw
(4.95 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-27 um 20.22.08.png
Revie

I would like to mention that if you open the project in 4.12.1 both channels act like expected in LTP. When you open the same project in 4.12.5 only the first channel (pump/fog) is still acting in LTP mode, the second channel does not. That's strange...
mcallegari

In the fixture definition, the first channel is HTP and the other is LTP.
Obviously you can force only the first one to LTP.
The difference I see here is that even if the first is treated as LTP, it's still an intensity channel, which in the engine is handled in a special way.
Can you try the generic 2-channel smoke (the one in your first screenshot) and force both channels to LTP and see if it works as you expect?
Revie

Thank you. I created a new project in 4.12.5 and added a generic smoke, set both channels to LTP and checked the dmx channels during my test. The smoke-channel works as aspected, the fan-channel not. Please take a look at my new project and the screenshots attached (in the zip). Thank you so much for your help :-)
Attachments
screenshots.zip
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
Generic Smoke LTP Test.qxw
(4.05 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Revie

Meanwhile I added a second fixutre "Generic/Generic" and set both channels from HTP to LTP. I added a new function and two sliders. Now you can see the difference: The generic/geniric fixture acts like expected: After the function is ready changing the channels to a specific value for some seconds the old channel values are back. Thats fine. But the "Generic/Smoke" fixture works differnt. Though both channels are set to LTP only the first channel gets back to the old value. In version 4.12.1 this was working very well for both fixtures. Since version 4.12.3 (and also in 4.12.5) this is different. And I guess it is a bug :-( Could you fix it or is there a way to work around? Thank you very much in advance.
Attachments
LTP Test Comparison Generic Smoke against Generic Generic.qxw
(6.66 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
mcallegari

Ah yes, makes sense. Generic smoke is still a HTP+LTP channel, while generic dimmer is HTP+HTP.
i will try and find some time to debug this