Complete the EFX Editor with Fade Times

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
Sidlomydlo

giacomo wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:23 pm If this "sum" is possible and true, then each fade-in/out time should behave on its own independently, this is what I would expect.
Thanks Massimo.
Hi Massimo, I agree with @giacomo that this would be nice behaviour. After turning off an EFX with lets say 20 widght and 40 hight and 1s fade-out, the EFX should still run for 1 sec and both parameters should continually change to 0. (Widght with speed of 20/s and hight 40/s).

If new EFX starts after first one, then it should fade-in same way and works on top of previous EFX like it works on top of scene in relative mode. Of course this will work when EFXs are set to relative. When set to absolute, next EFX might fade-in its parsmeters and also fade to correct starting point as two scenes fade between each other.

I’m looking forward to updates.
Thanks, Massimo
Sidlomydlo

mcallegari wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:58 pm I have no idea how to implement EFX fade out, especially when another EFX is supposed to fade in in the next cue.
That is why this is not complete.
Hi Massimo,

I want to let you know that new EFX fade-in in last version works great, even when one EFX is starting on top of another EFX running. That's certainly big step forward. I believe that fade-out would work too if you just reverse the behaviour of fade-in mechanism.

Thank you very much for your work.
GGGss

Sidlomydlo wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:03 pm I believe that fade-out would work too if you just reverse the behaviour of fade-in mechanism.
If life just would be that easy ...

Thinking about it... Would a virtual copy of the running EFX be a solution? This one would function as long as the fade-out is set and the parameters dim to zero?? One would of course need a snapshot so the previous running one, so the overlap between the two won't be noticed.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
giacomo

+1 for Sidlomydlo, this feature is so necessary and common that qlc+ must have it,
someone else would like to support this request?
Thanks.
Last edited by giacomo on Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giacomo

mcallegari wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:58 pm I have no idea how to implement EFX fade out, especially when another EFX is supposed to fade in in the next cue.
That is why this is not complete.
Maybe a simplification could be to allow only the mixing of an absolute with a relative EFX?
It would be already a nice compromise, I had this idea watching this grandMA tips / @ 1:31 example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdDgqc9 ... KWY2TI_ipT

Or to simplify more, we can agree that the new EFX will stomp the old one, fading in following its own time.
When the first EFX fade out it's important, we can always add an extra step in the cue list to allow the fade out.
Regards