uDMX not working properly

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
josef

Hello,

I have 1 PC and 1 Laptop:
Laptop: Intel i5-1135G7, 16gb Ram, Win11 Education, BitLocker, Windows Defender Antivirus
PC: AMD Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ram, Win11 Pro, Windows Defender Antivirus

Both run Windows 11 and QLC+ 4.12.4

I use a generic DMX to USB device with uDMX. I installed the libusbk driver from here https://www.illutzminator.de/udmxdriver.html?&L=1
My Light is a Lixada RGB PAR.

Using the basic DMX channel configure tool from the driver the light works on both pc and laptop.

QLC+ works perfectly on my PC.
But on my Laptop the channel faders just work in the simple view. Sometimes I can add the fixture and change the faders.
But when I open a saved qlc project or use the animation/scene assistant, the DMX output seems freeze. Sometimes the LED on my USB device turns from orange to red when this happens.

It works again after restarting and replugging the USB but will occurs again after that, I tried it multiple times

How can I make QLC+ work on my Laptop like it works on my PC?
GGGss

Since you are usinga uD X adapter, your processor is in charge of the DMX-timing. When your laptop has many threads running, it might be that the processor isn't capable of sending DMX packets in a timely manner, hence packet-loss...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
pabo

Hello,
On my laptop QLC+ 4.12.5 doesn't work with udmx but work with 4.12.3
edogawa

That's been addressed in the thread just before this one in this v4 issues subforum, and is thought to be already fixed in Git.

But there doesn't seem to be a test version available yet.

So at this moment your choices are:

- install the -git version if you're on one of the supported Linux distros (it's automatically built anew now for each Github commit pushed to the main branch)
- compile your own from Git
- stick with a working version for now and wait for a bugfix release.
mcallegari

He's using 4.12.4 (so without uDMX bug) and getting different behaviour on different machines.
This doesn't quite seem like a QLC+ issue here
edogawa

Uhm sorry then :/