Receive multiple commands os2l

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
MarcCrams

In the Virtual DJ's documentation it's said that you can send multiple os2l commands at the same time by adding "&" bettween the two commands (e.g. os2l_button "Scene 1" & os2l_cmd 1 50%) but when I do that QLC+ receive neither of them... (they are received when they are sent separatly)
Is it an issue on my side or just that QLC+ doesn't support that ?
Else, can you tell me how to solve it or do it in a different way ?
Thanks in advance for your help
mcallegari

It's probably a not supported syntax.
Can you point me to an example that I can see?
I don't see any reference here: http://os2l.org/
MarcCrams

Here on the Virtual DJ documention at the bottom of the page : https://virtualdj.com/wiki/os2lshowpertrack.html
MarcCrams

Do you know a software which can show me what's going through the os2l bus ? like a console
So I can say if what Virtual DJ sends is correct
GGGss

Wireshark network sniffing?
viewtopic.php?t=11853
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MarcCrams

Thank you GGGss

So when Virtual DJ sends 2 commands in a short time, QLC+ execute neither of them and I have the same issue when I send a command on a beat (I fixed it by disabling the beat message)
Capture d’écran 2022-06-29 094001.png
Capture d’écran 2022-06-29 093923.png
Last edited by MarcCrams on Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcallegari

Ok that is weird.
I need a VDJ project to replicate the issue. I'm not even sure I remember how to set everything up or if my VDJ instance still works. (I don't use VDJ at all)
MarcCrams

Ok
I tried on my other computer to be sure it's not a problem with this one and had the same issue there...
juski

I've seen this too & my solution was to move os2l points of interest in tracks away from beat positions. I didn't have to shift them far at all, just about a 1/32 of a beat either way.

Maybe it's an issue with how multiple os2l commands are queued in VDJ & qlc isn't set up to interpret them?

According to the os2l protocol documentation (what there is of it) each drop should be individual. Maybe they're not. I never checked with wireshark - I probably should!
juski

An update to this old thread:

I just played out a section of a track with a POI set on the beat, looped for 2 beats so the POI with OS2L button press should be sent out every other beat. Guess what? I grabbed the packets with Wireshark & VDJ isn't sending the POI reliably. This is an issue with VDJ's OS2L queuing, not QLC.