QLC hogging CPU

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
Maarten.Provo

Hello

I'm a long time user of QLC but last night was horror. My Macbook crashed a couple of times while DJ-ing live. I caught QLC 4.12.4a using 91% of the CPU. I restarted QLC and after restart it only used 19%, but after about 30 mins, usage was back up to around 80% and climbing. Ended up having to reboot QLC every 30 mins or so for the entire night. Didn't crash anymore though.

I run Traktor 3.5.1.277, with QLC 4.12.4a on a 2013 Macbook Pro, 2.8 GHz i7, 16 Gb RAM on macOS Mojave (Sorry no driver updates on my Pioneer mixer) with a Entec Pro Mk2 dmx-unit.
It was the first time using 4.12.4a live (for more then an hour), reverting back to v 4.11 resolves the problem, but it won't open my new show. So I was stuck using 4.12.4a.
It won't register my Entec Pro Mk2 as such but it will use Pro RX/TX in the output plugin. I'm unsire if this is an issue?

Is there some knows issue wit this QLC-version. I read some problems regarding ram usage? Is it something I can fix?

Regards
Maarten Provo is a professional allround dj/entertainer specializing in weddings and corporate events. More info on www.maartenprovo.be .
GGGss

Maarten.Provo wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:20 pm It won't register my Entec Pro Mk2 as such but it will use Pro RX/TX in the output plugin. I'm unsire if this is an issue
Beste Maarten,

I would start investigating this EnTtec driver issue.
I (We) run 3 fixed installs and 2 mobile solutions with the latest stable QLC+ version with no complaints - be it on Windows and Raspberry.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Maarten.Provo

After an afternoon of troubleshouting ...

EMU seems to be recognizing the Emtec Pro MK2 fine

I also noticed when I select the Pro Mk2 in QLC, that the in/output screen changes to match the in- and outputs of the Pro Mk2. So although it keeps giving me Pro RX/TX it appears to be using the Pro Mk2 configuration.

It also uses the QtSerialPort-driver. Which I'm guessing is the correct one?

But after 30 mins I still get high CPU loads and finally the entire Macbook will crash somewhere between 60 and 90 minutes after starting QLC.
Maarten Provo is a professional allround dj/entertainer specializing in weddings and corporate events. More info on www.maartenprovo.be .
Maarten.Provo

Hello

I upgraded to 4.12.6 today to test whether or not QLC would still eat my CPU and it did indeed. After about half an hour QLC was already using up 70%. Image

I've been using the same settings as in 4.11.2: Mode= Pro RX/TX, Output frequency = 40Hz

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Regards
Yestalgia

Can you please post the QLC+ Project? I can also try and re-create your issue. I've got the same adaptor but haven't had any problems.
Maarten.Provo

Hello

Great, thanks for the help. Here is the link. https://www.maartenprovo.be/downloads/2 ... reless.qxw

I do have an older Macbook, still running Mojave?

Regards