Debugging possible?

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
BooWseR

EDIT: Sorry, wrong topic. I'm using QLC+ 4.

Hi there,

I'm using QLC+ with an DIY Arduino Artnet Node. Since I have a new Hazer, or maybe since I updated Windows, the program works very sporadically. My other DMX controller works fine, so I think the problem is the Node or the Software.

If I run the program, my DMX devices reboot all the time, or getting no signal at all. If I minimize QLC+, it sometimes work, but if I go back into the program my quelists freeze, until I minimize it again and wait some time. Very annoying.

I have no clue what the problem is. There are a few possibilities, like Windows-Update, new Network-Cable, sanding down the site of my Arduino a bit, so it fits in my enclosure, my new Hazer, self-solderd DMX Cables, and so on.

Do you guys have any idea how I can find the error? How do you troubleshoot the issue?

Sorry for my english, as we say in germany: 'It's not the yellow from the egg!'

Best regards,
Felix
GGGss

First of: try to minimize the number of variables in the string.
QLC+ works solid
network may be the next thing
but reading your observations -> I would point to the Arduino interface (rebooting, doing nothing at all, other DMX controller ok, ...)

Now what astonishes me:
If I minimize QLC+, it sometimes work, but if I go back into the program my quelists freeze" This can't be normal.
How do you make the connection between QLC+ and the Arduino? Or are you in developer mode on the same PC where QLC+ runs? And if so how is the Arduino then connected to QLC+

DMX cables you can check via your other DMX interface; QLC+ can be checked with your other DMX interface, ...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore