using show for storm, but lights change at end

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
crashdox

I'll probably have to supply my file, but here's the basics, based on what previous people have done:

1) I use QLC+ in low end high school musical setup, in a Scene/Chaser/VC mode, where my scenes are generally the settings (i.e., patio, mansion, etc.) The Chasers contain the dimming & lighting leading in & out of each scene, and the VC contains the chasers. Each QLC+ scene almost always contains all of my lights.

2) My "storm" *show* contained my lights, which did a strobe affect, followed by my thunder sounds (note, I saw & have the 4 second audio issue I saw somewhere else here & can't find again). Anyway, each lightning & thunder scene lasts 10-14 seconds. (and these are individual shows, in my case, 9 shows over the course of 2 pages of script). Immediately after the lightning, I return the scene lighting to what it was prior to entering that particular show. (I use shows due to concurrent audio & light - which BTW, I am very thankful for QLC handling audio, as it decreased my workload!)

I advance my VC/chaser manually, based on the script.

So.... at the end of each ~12 second show, I noticed the lights ALWAYS fade to 0, and my next step in my chaser brings the lights back to my scene setup, resulting in a very short but noticeable "blink". I am a volunteer at the school & NEVER have enough time to play around on an empty stage & dark room, so I was never able to figure out a way around this blink. Is there a better approach to this? Is there something I should have done to the show to keep the lights stable between the show & the next chaser step?

Thanks. QLC+ has been a complete life-saver for me, and I love using it (especially being a non-pro in the sound/light/effects arena).
GGGss

With the big guys, this intermediate scene would have the stomp attribute, temporarily killing what is going on, and overriding settings present. After the release, it would continue as before.
I would change these scenes in the chaser so that it would dim down to 40% (and in the next step of the chaser) go completely dark. It would be less noticeable I guess.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore