Changing channels in QLC+ but not in DMX

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
DeMeek

Normaly a ficture starts on channel 1 with the master. However, I have now a fixture with the master on channel 6.

When I use channel groups, only channel 1 is displayd. On my fixture channel 1 one is Pan. But thats is not what I want when I am using groups.

In there a possibility to change the channels in QLC+ in appearance but not in DMX? So, can I show in QLC+ Channel 6 in the first position (as Channel 1, so it world work in Channel Groups) without disturbing DMX?

My fixture is now like this:

1 Pan
2 Pan fine
3 Tilt
4 Tilt fine
5 Pan/Tilt Speed
6 Master dimmer
7 Red
8 Green
9 Blue
10 White

What I want is it shows like this (and it has no effect on the funtions):

Master dimmer
Red
Green
Blue
White
Pan
Pan fine
Tilt
Tilt fine
Pan/Tilt Speed

In this way: .in channel groups (where always is showing only channel 1) now I have the Master Dimmer and not the Pan.
GGGss

I am assuming that you use QLC+ with the Simple Desk only? Right?
This is the quite essential information and with this kind of using QLC+ there is no solution.

If you are using the more extensive functions in QLC+ (Using scenes, bind them to controls on the Virtual Console etc) - there might be a solution - but a complicated one.
The thing is: a fixture defintion is the translation between a manufacturer's view of his product and QLC+ which has to control it. This translation is done by defining which channel has what function. Once you 'break' this translation, QLC+ will be confused, unless you tell it to otherwise. This is called channel routing. Because if the other ways of doing channel routing in QLC+ (thru the use of inbuilt functions) there is no need for a channel routing 'per se'.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
DeMeek

For me (no software nerd or so) it looks simple: When I have my normal Windows Desktop (bureaublad in Dutch), I can change the position of a program, but when I click it, the program starts. So in my opinion it should be not that difficult to change (on the screen!) the position of a fader. Or am I thinking to simple?
GGGss

Did you even have a look at the Virtual Console in QLC?
There you can change whatever to whichever position in what color you like, as small or big as you like it...
I don't understand your problems? RTFM eventually? PM me.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore