Windows 11

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
DeMeek

I today downloaded QLC+_4.12.4 on a Windows 11 laptop. After installation, the programm won't start up. The same with the fixture editor. After a a few tries, I downloaded the same on a Windows 10 laptop. And there are no problems. What is wrong?

Please keep your answers simple. I am Dutch and have not much Windows knowledge. A personal reply to mmekenkamp@hotmail.com would be wonderfull!
DeMeek

I s this realy a difficult problem? I see a lot of views but no possible answers... :-(
sbenejam

Windows 11 is wrong I think. At work I avoid for now to upgrade to Windows 11. Can you provide more info about this error?.
mcallegari

Please try the latest test version:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3135
DeMeek

sbenejam wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:08 pm Windows 11 is wrong I think. At work I avoid for now to upgrade to Windows 11. Can you provide more info about this error?.
I can install the porgramm but it won't start when I open it. Nothing happens. In Windows 10 I do the same and in runs, that's all I can say.
kenact

Have you tried run the install as Administrator?

Are there any errors from the install in the Application or System event logs? Are there any errors in the Event Log when you try to run the application?
DeMeek

kenact wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:45 pm Have you tried run the install as Administrator?

Are there any errors from the install in the Application or System event logs? Are there any errors in the Event Log when you try to run the application?
Installing as administrator was the solution. It works, but only when I use the administrator account and not my normal account.

Thanks for alle the help!!
GGGss

Note to others:
When installing QLC+ for the first time, on Windows (Pro/Enterprise/member of a domain), the installer needs admin rights. This is because the installer needs to create keys in the registry. Running the installer with administrator rights solves the problem.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Maarten.Provo

Hello

I purchased a new Dell Precision laptop a few weeks ago which came with Windows 11. I believe I have a similar problem.

I installed QLC v4.12.7 with admin-rights (Installer fails without) and most of the times it won't launch. It will just sit there in task manager without doing anything. After termination I try again until after like 20 tries it will launch. When it finally launches it will then disconnect all of my usb-devices (I have to scan for new devices in device manager) before finally becoming operational. This is quite anoying.

Haven't tried running from the admin-account though. I would much appreciate any support you guys can give

Regards

PS: I use processor lasso to fix dpc-latency-issues on my dell.
Maarten Provo is a professional allround dj/entertainer specializing in weddings and corporate events. More info on www.maartenprovo.be .
GGGss

Run QLC+ with administrator-rights... qlc+ right click, run as administrator.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Maarten.Provo

Hello

Turns out somehow my Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3 is involved.

If I launch QLC before connecting the Kontrol S4, no problem. If I launch QLC after having connected the S4 it will stay active (in taksmanager) but not show itself until I disconnect the S4 or (I'm guessing) the connection drops (which would explain why it seems to be random).

After a few tests, QLC seems to be working ok for now. Even with the S4 connected and after reboot it launches normally.

Regards
Maarten Provo is a professional allround dj/entertainer specializing in weddings and corporate events. More info on www.maartenprovo.be .
ArturoWagner

If you are trying to run QLC+ as an administrator, you may want to make sure that you are logged into the system as an administrator. This ensures you have access and control over the lighting fixtures.
apktome Our main mission is to overcome all restrictions, so that everyone has easy access to what is most needed.