Sorting caption in cuelist

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
LiHo

Hi,
is there a way to permanently re-sort the headings in a cuelist? I want to have the notes right after the steps.
Thanx, Gert
GGGss

No ... but if you use a sortable number 01 02 03 ... this makes sense.
(If you want to make your life easier: open your project file with a text editor and change whatever labels you want there. Big warning: make a backup before, if you break the structure of the project file, the project will be unusable.)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
edogawa

As far as I can see, the headers/caption positions of a cuelist widget cannot be changed at all?

I think the wish to do so seems reasonable though, and it's as easy as changing a certain flag in sourcecode from false to true.

In <QLC+-srcdir>/ui/src/virtualconsole/vccuelist.cpp, line 168(when compiling against Qt5 which really everyone should do by now), after the change it should read

Code: Select all

m_tree->header()->setSectionsMovable(true);
Making that persistent in the workspace fileis a different story, that would likely involve changes to the fileformat that would make it incompatible to older versions, I assume.
LiHo

Thanx,
i don't want to change the sourcecode.
@GGGss: I have already changed a lot in the editor, but could not find the lines with the lables. Where are they or what do I have to look for
edogawa

I can craft a pull request for this one-liner, if you like, so that future versions will easily allow changing column order for cue lists.

Personally I'd like to see that change, but thought there might be a reason why it was done the way it is, so I hesitated to PR immediately, in the hope some dev would comment here...
mcallegari

If you guys find it useful I can add it. (in v4...v5 is a pain for these kind of changes..)
Not permanent though. That's a different story as Edgar said
LiHo

If it is not permanent, then it makes no sense from my point of view, because I need the previously set sequence when I start QLC.