chauvet elan 4 channels

Request a fixture definition here
djstudio

hi,

i have created the definition file for the Elan, but its not working. Can somebody take a look to see if i have made an error. tks

the fixture works fine on stand alone, i have moved the dip switch to on as per qlc setting graph sample.

tks
Attachments
elan chauvet dmx.jpg
Chauvet-Elan.qxf
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
GGGss

Fixture definition looks oke.
Did you set all dip switches to a DMX address? dip switches 9, 10, 11and 12 to 0? (As I assume this is the DMX mode?)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
djstudio

tks, yes i did, i have changed the dmx channels to lower channels numbers like 67 and its working. when i try a channels over 200, its not responding, maybe the fixture is defective. as long as i can get to work even to different channel numbers, im ok,

tks for the feedback
djstudio

so its surprising that when you control a fixture via dmx, choosing your scenes, is so much better then the auto mode. i find they always over use the strobe function in the auto mode and its annoying like hell when you do weddings etc.. in dmx mode i can avoid the strobe option..
GGGss

Off topic: strobe is really over rated and one of the cheapest options to add to a luminaire controller (driver inside a fixture).
Give it to Chinese developers and you get a pre-defined show with colors going all the (wrong) way and the more flashy the marrier...
Auto shows with moving fixtures are even worse, but hey, it's all about marketing.
I prepared a raspi for a fixed install this weekend and the fade time used is 2s all over and I set the color scheme to 12 __not_fully__ saturated colors.
Their techies came in to 'have a look (read: free beers)' and started using QLC+ on the spot with positive feedback.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
GGGss

djstudio wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:27 pm tks, yes i did, i have changed the dmx channels to lower channels numbers like 67 and its working. when i try a channels over 200, its not responding, maybe the fixture is defective. as long as i can get to work even to different channel numbers, im ok,

tks for the feedback
Try lowering the DMX bus frequency - it might help using the higher addresses, but I wouldn't expect it from a Chauvet branded fixture. So no my eggs now lay in the basket of your DMX interface used...