Drive Servo Motors using PCA9685

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
Santanu

Dear Friends,
Hope everybody is in good health! I am working on a project for animatronics control with servo motors that controls some movements of a full size Human face. Currently I am using a DMX based servo controller to control the motors.

For a project requirement, I want to switch to a RaspberryPi based solution to control a PCA9685 servo controller.
I intend to run QLC+ on Pi4 (having official Image) and then connect a Servo driver PCA9685 using GPIO pins.

I am wondering how can I make QLC+ communicate with PCA9685 servo controller..
My request is if anybody has done any project with Servo Controller, could they please share their thoughts ?

Thanks in advance,
Santanu
GGGss

First off, it is connected over the I2C bus and not the GPIO so QLC+ had no direct access to the controller board.
That means that you will have to program some middleware implementing the (f.i.) Artnet protocol to the I2C hardware output.
This might be an opportunity but I guess this will be difficult.
You might choose another solution. A source of inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH9z9GG0a8w&start=369 He has his own controllers...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Santanu

Dear GGGss,
Thank you very much for your hint.

Santanu