Would like way to import or transfer functions from one show to another

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
RandalJ

The need I have is this: At some venues I can only fit 2 T-pars (bank of 4 pars) one on each side. At other shows I can fit 4 T-Pars, 2 on each side. I'm currently having to maintain these small and large shows in two qxw files because I have scenes where the lights chase all the way around the stage. I.E. a light chases through pars 1-4 in the first T par, then pars 1-4 on the next T par on the same side of the stage. Then pars 4-1 on the opposite side of the stage and then 4-1 on the final t par completing a "lap" around the stage. In order to keep chases like these contiguous I have to set up a 2 T-par and a 4 T-par show in separate qxw files because I'm controlling the lightshow from a foot controller. That foot controller is sending midi signals to QLC and it in turn is calling a collection with the corresponding MIDI note. Those Midi notes are consistent between both versions of the show. I.E. I put the floor board down. Set up the lights for the venue and then depending on whether I'm using 4 or 2 T-pars I select the "small" or "large" show/qxw file and we're off, no tweaking required at the show. So long story short this forces me to have to maintain two, fairly large qxw files. I realize that I'm always going to have to manually program in "round the room" chases like that. But most scenes do not have this kind of functionality. What I'd really like to be able to do is to be able to grab functions from say the 2 T-par show and import them into the 4 T-par show, make some tuning modifications, and then done. Rather than having to painstakingly duplicate each function by hand which essentially doubles programming time. I gotta believe there are others out there that would find the ability to import functions from other qxw files to be useful. No doubt, it's a complicated programming task and would require an interface to automatically drop or add fixtures based on selections, but it would save folks like me hours and hours of duplication of work. Unless of course there already is a handy way to do this and I'm unaware. If so please let me know! Thanks.
mcallegari

Wow. This is totally unreadable.
Please improve your post.
GGGss

RandalJ wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:22 pm The need I have is this: At some venues I can only fit 2 T-pars (bank of 4 pars) one on each side. At other shows I can fit 4 T-Pars, 2 on each side. I'm currently having to maintain these small and large shows in two qxw files because I have scenes where the lights chase all the way around the stage. I.E. a light chases through pars 1-4 in the first T par, then pars 1-4 on the next T par on the same side of the stage. Then pars 4-1 on the opposite side of the stage and then 4-1 on the final t par completing a "lap" around the stage. In order to keep chases like these contiguous I have to set up a 2 T-par and a 4 T-par show in separate qxw files because I'm controlling the lightshow from a foot controller. That foot controller is sending midi signals to QLC and it in turn is calling a collection with the corresponding MIDI note. Those Midi notes are consistent between both versions of the show. I.E. I put the floor board down. Set up the lights for the venue and then depending on whether I'm using 4 or 2 T-pars I select the "small" or "large" show/qxw file and we're off, no tweaking required at the show. So long story short this forces me to have to maintain two, fairly large qxw files. I realize that I'm always going to have to manually program in "round the room" chases like that. But most scenes do not have this kind of functionality. What I'd really like to be able to do is to be able to grab functions from say the 2 T-par show and import them into the 4 T-par show, make some tuning modifications, and then done. Rather than having to painstakingly duplicate each function by hand which essentially doubles programming time. I gotta believe there are others out there that would find the ability to import functions from other qxw files to be useful. No doubt, it's a complicated programming task and would require an interface to automatically drop or add fixtures based on selections, but it would save folks like me hours and hours of duplication of work. Unless of course there already is a handy way to do this and I'm unaware. If so please let me know! Thanks.
Translated to:
"I have 2 show files because of hardware setup. I'd like to see a possibility to export + import chasers (and scenes) between these show files."
So it is a Feature request.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

[moved]
this feature is already available in v5
edogawa

A while ago someone announced an online service qlc scene importer here in this forum.

For the life of me I cannot find the thread/posting, but I've bookmarked the URL in case I could need it eventually.

I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks as if it does just what the OP asks for, for QLC+ 4 (although only for scene functions...)