Cue List Side Fader Steps with MIDI Knob

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
maquelle

Hello,

I will try to explain my problem with my poor English. Hope it will be clear.

I use a Behringer X Touch mini as a MIDI controller and I want to control a Cue List in Steps Mode with one Knob.

Here is a video to explain : https://youtu.be/hZxP5Ey8LVE

When the Cue List is stopped, there's no problem and the knob control the fader normally (0-10s on the video).
But when the Cue List is stared, the position of the fader is totally mad jumping from one position to another without any logic when I turn the knob (10-25s on the video).
If I control the fader with the mouse, I can see the LED around the knob changing with strange values (25-36s on the video).

Here is a test project and the profile I made for X Touch mini.

Can you help me since I want to controls Cue Lists with all knobs of my MIDI Controller ?

Thank you
Attachments
CueList Steps Test.qxw
(3.36 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Behringer-X-TouchMini.qxi
(7.85 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
maquelle

I try to add an intermediate Fader with Loopback to command my Cue List Steps and it works.
I really don't understand why I have this strange behavior when I link my knob directly to the Cue List.
GGGss

Could it be that a feedback mechanism is spoiling it for you? Since the leds react on changes of the slider, you might think that you get a new signal right after it, creating an internal loop.
With the loopback solution, QLC+ needs another round (QLC+ processes internally @50Hz) before it sends the new instruction out.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
maquelle

Thank you GGGss for your help.

In inputs/outputs section I uncheck Feedback on my MIDI controller and now it works, so the problem is here.
But I really want to keep Feedback active since if I move a slider on the GUI, it change LEDS on my controller.

Should it be considered as a bug ?
Unfortunately I have not enough knowledge to understand the code.