Raspberry with QLC as an artnet ode

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
marksundance

Hi,
I'm a bit new with QLC.
I have a raspberry with QLC and an Enttec DMX USB Pro Interface. This is working in my network.
Now I want to connect with my laptop with QLC to the raspberry.
I have configured the raspberry with input artnet and the ipadress of the raspberry and the output to dmx usb. The checkbox passtrough is enabled.

I don't see the ipadress of the rapberry (artnetnode) in the software of my laptop.

What am I doing wrong. Or doesn't work it this way?

Greet,
Mark
GGGss

Network 101:
Are both your computer and your raspi on the same network?
Are both having (getting) a IP address in the same range? f.i. 10.0.0.x MASK 255.0.0.0
You have to verify the IP address on the raspi (looking at input/output tab).
You have to verify the IP address on your laptop.
Can one ping the other?
With a positive outcome of the ping, your devices are talking to each other now.

The next step will be configuring how Artnet communicates.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
marksundance

Hi,
Thanks for the answer.
I could ping the Pi in the network. It is in the range of 10.0.0.X
Would be the mask explicit 255.0.0.0?
That is a problem for my network enviroment, cause I;ve running multiple networks , etc.
GGGss

marksundance wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:59 pm Would be the mask explicit 255.0.0.0?
That is a problem for my network enviroment, cause I;ve running multiple networks , etc.
No - you have the choice with what network addresses you work with. As long as they correspond, you will be able to 'talk' to the raspi.
(As a default depicted in the norm) Artnet preferably uses the 2. or the 10. range networks. These private networks have a netmask of 255.0.0.0.
Some (older) Artnet interface only listen to this network.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore