Possibility to increase intensity on a channel on a trigger-event, and decay the intensity over time

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
spiralis

Hi all!

First of all, thanks for the work on this open source project! Awesome :).

I am new to DMX lighting/programming (and to QLC+), so this might be a newbie request? Please bear with me if it is.

I am wondering if QLC+ allows me to increase the intensity of a given light when a trigger is hit (e-drum). The intensity should then decrease over a given time. But, if another hit is registered then the intensity should increase again. So, a repeatedly hit drum would intensify with each stroke, but it will then decay over time (unless a hit is registered - again).

I.e: When the trigger is hit, increase the intensity with 25% (so, 4 quick hits would bring it (close) to the max). A timer will decay the intensity with i.e. 1 percent per 1/100th of a second. So, a second without activity would reduce the intensity to 0.

The drum trigger is MIDI based and I already have acquired a MIDI to USB adapter for this. I also am planning to run this on a Raspberry PI 4.

BTW: I also posted this question on reddit where one of the answers said that this was fairly common for light-management software, but he thought perhaps not that QLC+ supported this.

Regards, Ronny
mcallegari

This should be the "flashing" feature of Virtual Console buttons.
Just associate a Scene with fade out and it should be it

[EDIT] Actually, fade out on flashing doesn't work (and I believe it should be fixed).
However switching on/off preserves fade out and does what you ask. You need to trick a VC button with a smart input profile (like enable "extra press" option)
spiralis

Great news. It sounds like it could be "tricky", but possible - so good I guess ;)

BTW: Does this work the same way on the Raspberry Pi version?
mcallegari

Yes. You'll probably need to load the custom input profile via SSH
spiralis