Fixture Group Matrix Mapping

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
sandinak

Hey so I am doing more and more using RGBMatrix functions on non-linear stages. For example:

I have a stage space that has a possible 32px X 256px matrix on it; however, I want to map discrete steps in that space so that any RGBScripts look (mostly) relative to the audience. This means that when creating the fixture-group. since it's larger than any 1 fixture.. to "remap" the fixture location in space I have to move each "head", which represents one pixel, one at a time; and that's both tedious and error prone :) My feature requests to improve this:
  • Hold shift and select multiple head/pixels at the same time to move in bulk. This would allow much quicker re-mapping of the space.
  • Hilight any single fixture in the space so it's clearly visible .. perhaps with a different color outline or a different colors fill in the block?
I am also considering writing a tool to do this .. but I think it would be best solved inside QLC rather than an outside XML editing tool. Any help is appreciated, thx.
sandinak

As an add-on to this .. .. enable the Add Arrows to add entire fixture groups as they're mapped .. vs adding "fixtures" So if I have a 100x100 Fixture group and have different 10x10, fixture groups .. I can add the 10x10 at a position in the 100x100. Similary I can add the same group to multiple other groups .. thereby only creating a single fixture group once for the different views on the stage.