Noob with a Couple of Questions re. Pi/Ubuntu

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
C855B

Spent half the day searching the site and it is still not clear to me if QLC+ and specifically QLC+ 5 is a straightforward port to a RaspPi 400 running Ubuntu. Is it?

What is a recommended Pi->DMX interface? Plug-n-play would be most appreciated, networked (IP) access ideal.

I am currently using an American DJ MyDMX Buddy on an older Mac, but have no expectations of QLC+ support for it. I already tried 4.11 with it on the Mac and it doesn't show in the USB device list.

Thanks!
C855B

Never fails... just needed a little more research. I found the DMXKing eDMX1 PRO, answering my second question. QLC+ supports this interface, so I should be golden. Don't need much more than that as my application is a museum display with 32 fixtures in a single universe.

Still need advice on QLC+/Pi/Ubuntu, tho'! TIA!
mcallegari

The official QLC+ Raspberry Pi image is based on Raspberry Pi OS (which is based on Debian)
The QLC+ version bundled is 4.12.4.
QLC+ 5 is still in beta phase. Not tested yet on RPi.
C855B

Thanks, Massimo.

OK, then Pi OS it is. No issue with QLC+ 4 at all, impressed by it on MacOS. Nice UI (says this retired UI designer), so thank you for that.

FWIW, I do like Ubuntu on the Pi4/Pi400. Overall performance is better under some applications. Don't have a sense on what it takes to build a deployable package, but it might be worth a cursory look.

Expect a PayPal in a few minutes.
Last edited by C855B on Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.