Fun-Generation PicoBeam 60 COB RGBW

Here you can share your fixture definitions with the community
Horst0815

Hi here is the definition for "Fun-Generation PicoBeam 60 COB RGBW" - dont know the light intensity values, but entered every available information.
Here is the link to the manual:
https://images.thomann.de/pics/atg/atgd ... online.pdf
Best
Attachments
Fun-Generation-PicoBeam-60-COB-RGBW.qxf
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Last edited by Horst0815 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GGGss

Without a reference to the manual, I cannot check the state of your fixture profile...
Horst0815 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:40 pm one that I bought was not flicker-free.
What DMX interface are you using? Before making 'hard' statements, it is typical that someone starts looking at possible faults elsewhere... and a flickering fixture is typical 'the fault is somewhere else'.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Horst0815

Hi,
here is the link to the manual:
https://images.thomann.de/pics/atg/atgd ... online.pdf
My USB-DMX512 controller is:
Eurolite USB-DMX512
https://www.ltt-versand.de/media/articl ... 127406.pdf

Had so far no problems with ~5 different sorts of other fixtures.
I already sent the Fun Generation fixture back.

I removed the general statement about flickering, still this fixture is not advertised as being flicker-free (the word "flicker" does not even appear in the manual).
GGGss

You have 2 kinds of 'flickering'.
* One where there is a fault in wiring or interface or in the interpretation of the DMX protocol. This flickering you can see by eye. The fixture flashes heroic, without any cause. Moving heads shake in all directions without being instructed to.
* The other flickering cannot be noticed by the human eye. The frequency manufacturers use, as the PWM source, can intervene with video and television equipment. The video crew will start complaining about white balance and color rendering being off. The shutters of the cameras will react strangely to an unknown source of light. The ability to change PWM frequency is normally only found in higher-budget fixtures.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Horst0815

The flickering was easy to notice with the naked eye - the device was not shaking (but still I cannot exclude DMX problems) - I sent it back, replaced it by some other device (whose .qxf I also provided) and the new one had no problems. Of course it's possible that the pairing of my specific DMX controller and the device was not working (and the device itself was fine). Currently I have almost only Eurolite MHs and an Eurolite DMX controller - so it does not appear as a surprise that these combinations work fine...
mcallegari

Fixed and added, thanks
Please do not set "Acts on" unless on channel acts on another channel.

From the online documentation: https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/modeeditor.html
The "Acts on" column is used to bind a channel to another. For example a channel that controls the speed of a rotating gobo.
Horst0815

Oh thanks for the fix - this might also explain my problems...
Carlosprs

Hello I need some help for my Fun Generation Pico Beam 60 COB RGBW
I would like to generate a continuous rotation I know there are 13 channels available but I don't know which one i must use for that.

Thank you for your kind help
GGGss

Carlosprs wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:47 pm Hello I need some help for my Fun Generation Pico Beam 60 COB RGBW
I would like to generate a continuous rotation I know there are 13 channels available but I don't know which one i must use for that.

Thank you for your kind help
There isn't a specific one, so use 'custom' with a description.
If the continuous rotation is a subset of the tilt, you'll have to be creative ... (using channel modifiers f.i.)
Carlosprs

That doesn't help me to know if it's possible or not sorry
GGGss

Carlosprs wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:46 pm That doesn't help me to know if it's possible or not sorry
Then sorry back to you. The fixture does not have an infinite rotation capability. I had to study the specs of this fixture. "endless rotation" got me tricked into this situation as there is no.
So you want your fixture to do things on its own? Use the macros... in 8 channel mode, use channel 7 with a value 140 .. 189. In 13 channel mode this is channel 12.
Now it will act on itself.