No name lights controlled by midi from Studio One

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
SingingDrummer

I am a new qlc user. And new to dmx. New to lighting really.
I have control of all the lights, triggering scenes out of studio one.
But when I try and turn on all my wash bars and also activate the moving heads, all the lights come on, but they don't start moving. That would be 5 midi notes at one time.
When I don't turn on the wash bars, the heads move fine.
Too many midi notes at a time?

I also haven't been able to get the my scenes to fade out, like I see I work in the tutorial videos.

My lights are:
LaluceNatz Light Bar, 40" 100W 12 LED 3 In 1 RGB Stage Light Bar
https://amzn.to/3lrM82H

JRFY 60W Moving Head Lights 6 IN1
https://amzn.to/2Yxlm0d

Rockville RockPAR50 LED RGB Compact Par Can
https://amzn.to/3oNFiGH

The light profiles are custom, basic, done by me.
Likely incomplete - maybe that is my issue.

Can anyone give me a hand? Thanks!!
Attachments
Rockville-RockPAR50.qxf
(2.15 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
LaluceNatz-40in-100W-12-LED-3-In-1-RGB-Stage-Light-Bar.qxf
(7.81 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
JRFY-B08T5LVC8B.qxf
(4.63 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
GGGss

You are asking a lot in one post I'm afraid...

Checking the basics, your JRFY 60W profile is doubtfully correct. Does it look as this fixture has 2 heads? I cannot find any manual document (which, by the seller is claimed to be inside the package?) No good source.

I gave up checking fixture definitions for now.
You are talking about midi-notes? 5 at once... that is too many? Oops, this doesn't sound good... the fixture operates with DMX signals. How you generate these signals is the job QLC+ does. Based on functions you reprogram, you create a show.
If you claim one function working while the other is stopping, doesn't help at all to debug your problem. You would talk about very specific settings combined and the unknown outcome. We then would start asking you to provide your show file. And to be complete your custom fixture definitions.
Only then we could start looking where you run into the dark.

I little more study DMX time will be required -> have a very good look at the instruction videos and try to learn the right words. (Not midi notes, I think you meant scenes. And if you need 5 scenes starting at once, you use a collection - https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... ditor.html)

Anyway, post topic-specific cases and I'm quite sure someone will pick up and help you. But one topic at a time, please.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
edogawa

To me the definitions look basically good so far from a quick check (I'm also missing the manual but I assume you took time and implemented the dmx charts correctly, at least for the modes you are using).

Can you post your workspace file too?

A few shots in the dark:

What happens if you don't remote control from Studio One, but operate directly in VC, same problem with non moving movers?

My gut suspicion is that the offending wash bar scene includes the mover's pan/tilt channel at some fixed level and thus it's stuck while this scene is active. Uncheck those channels in scene editor and they should be released.

Your second issue: In scene editor use the clock icon (speed dial) to enter fade in/out times, these will apply to VC buttons or sliders connected to this scene.
SingingDrummer

Thank you... I will review the wash bar scenes to make sure that that don't have the moving head in them as well - throwing conflicting information - that may be the issue as i may have been trying one idea of how to construct the scene and then went a different direction.

Maybe I can ask the moderator to delete this thread as I posted two threads covering the same things bc I didn't think that my first attempt uploaded.
Thanks
SingingDrummer

edogawa wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:08 am My gut suspicion is that the offending wash bar scene includes the mover's pan/tilt channel at some fixed level and thus it's stuck while this scene is active. Uncheck those channels in scene editor and they should be released.
Yep - I went back on the computer that I have the workspace on, and sure enough - I had the movers in that same scene as the washbars... I am sure removing those will correct the problem. But I won't be able to test the system out till later this afternoon.
Thank you for the suggestion - I will need to review all my scenes and make sure that by 'changing direction' of what I wanted the scene to do, I didn't unintentionally leave other items in the scene.
I will test and post the results and also upload the workspace this afternoon.

Thanks agian!!
SingingDrummer

Yep, that helped a ton. Still not able to get the wash bars to fade. The Rockville pars fade in and fade out. I haven't tried something like that n the moving heads, but I'd really like to get the wash bars to to a fade out.
Of course, I wasn't able to upload my workspace last night. I'll try before heading off to the day job.
Thanks a ton for the tip !!
SingingDrummer

finally got a chance to upload the workspace...
I think using the buttons in the virtual mixer as "flash function" works the best. Then I can stretch the midi notes out to the length they need to be.
But maybe that is why I can't get the wash bars to fade??
Attachments
MadwagonWorkspace.qxw
(30.01 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
edogawa

Yep I think that's the reason, I can't in fact get *any* light to fade in your workspace...

In the lighting world flash function traditionally means just that, to flash something immediately and momentarily as long as the keypress goes. some hardware boards offer additional parameters for that function, like (not even sure in fact) fade times or latch mode so it stays on until a second keypress happens.

When set to Function on/off mode, your wash buttons do fade correctly, just as programmed in the scene, at the cost of a second keypress.
SingingDrummer

Yep... Steep learning curve for me - since I don't have any experience in DMX as well as qlc... But learning. Thanks for the help!!
After re-re-re-watching Mossimo's video on positions and effects, I'm thinking of scrapping most of what I have done and rebuild my workspace in favor of separate scenes for colors vs movement.... Been working at this for a couple weeks now (during my hour or so after work I get a day) and I've barely got the first song up thru the first verse.
I think I'm over complicating it ;-p
But that is a whole different topic!