Chaser interruption when opening it in Function tab

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
MingZ

QLC+ version : 4.12.4

Hello, here is my feedback.

Bug description :
While running a chaser throught the Virtual Console in production mode, you can interrupt it if you select the running chaser in the Function Tab.
It also occures if you haven't unselected the chaser before to switch to Production Mode, you run your show and go back to the Function Tab. As soon as you click anywhere into the tab, the chaser stop running.

Why is it annoying ? :
I encountered this bug during a theater show where I used a main chaser to run my scenes and effects. Before the show I had to edit some timings in my main chaser, I forgot to unselect it after edition, switched to production mode and launched my show.
During the show I had to modify an upcoming scene and decided to go to the Function Tab (in which my main chaser was previously selected) as soon as y click on the Scenes menu to expand it, it result in a total blackout on stage...

Bug sequence
1 - Select the TEST chaser for edition in Function Tab.
2 - Go to Virtual Console Tab and switch to Production Mode.
3 - Start the chaser.
4 - Go back to Function Tab.
5 - Unselect the chaser by clicking into the tab (on scene by exemple).
Attachments
Chaser interruption.qxw
(6.21 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
GGGss

Bug confirmed - It does stop the chaser when you touch it in the function tab.

You didn't mention the edit-while-in-production-mode -> https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN/liveedit.html
With the live-edit you can change the chaser while it is running. (I changed timing to 1s500ms)
ScreenHunter_114 Oct. 04 10.32.png
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
MingZ

GGGss wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:33 am With the live-edit you can change the chaser while it is running. (I changed timing to 1s500ms)
Yes it does, thanks for the feedback. But I would like to be able to go to Function Tab without breaking a show on a missclick. ;)
In some cases you can need to create a new Function while being in Production Mode.
Last edited by MingZ on Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GGGss

I learned it the hard way too ... playing around under real circumstances, I got me shouted at 'black-out on stage'...
It is a must-do thingy: in production, you always have to select [live edit mode on] change things, and leave the live edit mode. That is the only way you won't interrupt ongoing shows.
If there was only a way to change hardware inputs during the live performance ... #keepondreaming
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore