Using Logic Pro X MIDI to trigger lights in QLC+?

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
D1VE

Hi all!

First timer here, and I've been scouring the forums to try and find a solution for my current issue.

I'm running QLC+ 4.12.1 on my late 2013 Macbook Pro (Catalina OS) and an Enttec Open DMX USB. What I want to do is use a MIDI track in Logic to trigger the lights in QLC. I've confirmed everything works as it should, and can control lights just using individual buttons....and can even confirm that the MIDI signal is being sent from Logic to QLC successfully via the little joystick popping up.

What I can't do, however, is figure out how the hell to associate lights with the keys being played in Logic. I figure it's probably such a small thing I've overlooked a million times, but it's still absolutely eluding me.

Can anybody be a pal and help point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
GGGss

D1VE wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:06 pm ...figure out how the hell to associate lights with the keys...
1st off - welcome to the forum.
2nd - hell is elsewhere :D

You associate the input to a VC button (or other function) by selecting an input channel from a universe and bind it to the control.
ScreenHunter_26 Sep. 29 10.09.png
ScreenHunter_27 Sep. 29 10.09.png
Input channel 192: has a question mark, so QLC+ does not know what it means. It only uses this input as a trigger for the VC control.
You can leave this (if you know what you are doing) or change this by creating an input profile.
The input profile has to be selected in your midi universe. A link to the documentation -> reading the manual helps: https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... files.html
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
pls123

Hello friend. Where did you find a way to gel logic to send signals into QLC. I can‘t seem to find Logic on the mapping panel. Is there an extra step one must take? Is it through external midi tracks?
GGGss

pls123 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:49 pm Hello friend. Where did you find a way to gel logic to send signals into QLC. I can‘t seem to find Logic on the mapping panel. Is there an extra step one must take? Is it through external midi tracks?
Pablo, Welcome to the forum.

I'm having trouble deciphering your question - it seems generic to: "how do I connect a midi device to QLC+?"
I'm very sure this topic has been discussed thousands of times here. Please search a little.
In the input/output tab you need to enable your midi device. Then you have to configure the device. You can check if valid signals are coming in by looking at the blue wiggling joystick.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore