Strobe function for many heads of a device

The issues found when using the Fixture Manager panel
prophy17

Hi. Dear QLC+ command. I am very sorry, but strobe function does not work with all heads in the devices with many heads. It works only with one head. It is not right, I think so.. For example, dimmer function works with all heads. Best regards
prophy17

I have written about generic strobe channel for all heads in the devices with more than one head. Involight SBL1000, for example
prophy17

My question refer to the 2d visualization of the strobe in the device with more than one head.
pandas

Hi. I don't see a fixture definition for SBL1000, only for SBL2000. Is this a fixture definition you created yourself? Can you describe the exact steps you're taking?
prophy17

Hi. Thanks for your reply... The exact steps... Mmm..
1.Open fixture manager.
2. Make new fixture name.
3. Go to the page Channels and make channels as in manual.
4. Go to the page Mode and make channels mode as in manual. During this process go to the page Heads and make heads as is in the device - for example Four heads in the SBL1000 model of Involight. And in this process is a mistake about what I have written. That is I could connect with every head only generic dimmer channel or dimmer master channel, but not generic strobe channel or color generic channels. Strobe generic channel or color generic channel I could connect with only one head. And so in 2d visualization there is only in one par strobe function in 14 or 15 channels mode of this device . And in 7 cnannels mode there is only one par window in the 2d visualization.
That's all.
Last edited by prophy17 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
prophy17

In the ADJ Quad Scan pro device, for example, strobe channels and color channels in 32 channels mode connect with every head. But in the Involight SBL1000 device there are some generic channels for all heads (strobe generic or color generic channels, for example) . And with this is trouble in 2d visualization.
Last edited by prophy17 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
prophy17

So my question refer not only to the strobe generic channel. It refer and to the other generic channels too, color generic channels for example
prophy17

Do you understand me with my trouble in the 2d visualization of the SBL1000 fixture with four heads , which I have described, Dear Mr Pandas?
edogawa

Would you please post the SBL1000 definition you are using, it's not easy to follow without seeing the fixture file.

I've just played with the SBL2000 file and altered its 28 channel mode to reflect the 8 heads it has, ignoring the generic dimmer and strobe channels in the head definitions, and this seems to just work (TM) here - it shows a bar with 8 heads in 2d monitor, all of them react to master dimmer and still show their individual color settings. Only strobe doesn't show in monitor, but I don't know if that is even implemented, as QLC+ could only estimate the strobe frequency anyways.

I attach the modified SBL2000 definition so you can compare to the bundled one.
Attachments
Involight-SBL2000-8heads.qxf
(6.87 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
prophy17

Thanks for your reply. Excuse me, but I don't have this fixture in my smartphone... I can download it some later.
prophy17

This is my fixture. With 15 and 14 channels mode does not work generic strobe channel, in the 8 channels mode two windows with led pars instead of four, and in 7 channels mode only one window with led par instead of four.
Attachments
Involight-SBL1000_9.qxf
(6.51 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
prophy17

And I am sorry, but in your fixture Mr Edogawa in the 26 channels mode strobe channel does not work at all, and in the 7 channels mode there is only one window with led par... So situation as my is... Best regards.
edogawa

I don't think my altered SBL2000 file is bad, i can use it with current QLC+4 from Git, and it passes the fixture validator. I also checked that the uploaded version is the same as my local one. And yes, I only altered 26 channel mode, because 7 channel does not handle the individual spots, just the whole thing as if it were just one light spot.

I've looked at your SBL1000 definition, but it doesn't seem to match this manual, which has a DMX chart listing 15- and 6-channel modes only.

Honestly I don't know how to be of further help here, I think the changes I made to the SBL2000 file in 26-ch mode are pretty easy to see and understand, and by all my logic should do what you ask for, if applied to a definition file that actually matches the SBL1000's capabilities.
prophy17

https://www.manualslib.de/manual/182781 ... e=7#manual that manual from your link in German. There are 15, 14, 8,7,5,3,2 channels modes. I have told about 2d visualization, and not real device. I do not have real device. It has one my friend. I have done this fixture for him. And I do not understand you. In your fixture strobe does not work at all in the 2d . What do you say about then? And what is wrong in my fixture?
Last edited by prophy17 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
prophy17

In my fixture in 15 channels mode master dimmer channel, color channels work with every par head in the 2d. And only with strobe channel is trouble. It works only with one head of the led par in the 2d. I think in real device it must work well. My friend has not done it in real device yet. In your fixture dimmer channel, color channels work with every head in 2d too. And strobe channel in the 2d does not work at all... For example... And so what I should learn in your fixture in such situation, Dear Mr Edogawa... Excuse me, but I do not understand absolutely
edogawa

As I tried to say before, there is no DMX monitor preview for the Strobe function, neither in DMX nor 2D view, I tried a few fixtures and none of them shows strobe blinking in DMX monitor.

What I tried to show with my modified SBM2000 definition: only channels that act on a head should be included in the head definition. I added heads for 26 channel mode, in the way I think it should be done, that's all.

I'm sorry but I don't have the time currently to help you modify your fixture file accordingly, and if your only actual problem is the strobe preview, I am sorry to say that this is not implemented, as it seems.
prophy17

Thanks for your answer... Excuse me, but I still do not understand you. What should I modify in my fixture? It is as yours... Colors channels and dimmer work with every of four heads as in your fixture in 2d. And by the way Strobe channel works with 2d . But not in all four heads - only with one head it is working.. It is a trouble, about what I have written. And excuse me one more time, but I do not understand your advice for me in such situation. Best regards.
prophy17

I think it is a bug of fixture manager in its working with device in which there are more then one head. But not my mistake during working with making a new fixture. That is my opinion
keukenrol

Are you sure you send the strobe to the correct channels of all fixtures? If you want to visualise your strobe inside QLC+ you can make your own strobe effect (chaser or RGB matrix effect) instead of using the fixture's dedicated strobe channel.