4.12.4 WAV files on Windows won't play

The issues found when using the Function Manager panel
markzvo

I have 4.12.4 on two separate Windows 10 laptops, and WAV files do not play correctly as they did in previous versions of QLC+, they play high pitched squealing for a few seconds. The same WAV files play OK on Raspberry Pi version of QLC+.

I have tried several WAV files and all have the same behavior. I have rebooted my Windows 10 system as well.

For reference, I just purchased this WAV file from Beatport and it too does not play - just high-pitched squealing: https://www.beatport.com/release/irrenh ... ix/3430662

You can see in a new workspace that QLC+ has the wrong file info vs. Windows file info.
qlcwavproblem1.png
qlcwavproblem1.png
Attachments
qlcwavproblem2.png
GGGss

This can't be right ...
ScreenHunter_24 Sep. 09 13.29.png
!! 1411kbps sample rate !!
resample the wav-file and try again
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
markzvo

You are confusing bit rate with sample rate. What I have shown is correct - that is how Windows displays bit rates... For WAV files, the bit rate = (bit depth) x (sample rate) x (number of channels). So for a recording with a 44100 Hz sample rate, 2 channels (stereo) and 16-bit depth: 44100 x 2 x 16 = 1411200 bits per second, or, 1411.2 kbps. This is correct. The media plays correctly in all other Windows apps, and also on Raspberry Pi.

Just for fun, I resampled with VLC media player anyway - the problem remains.

qlcwavproblem3.png
qlcwavproblem4.png
mcallegari

Duplicate of
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15170

Please search the forum before posting