Raspberry pi not holding show file

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
thatlightingguy

My raspberry pi is not holding the show file on the raspberry pi when I reboot. Does anyone know what the cause of this is and how to solve it?
GGGss

Do you, by any chance, save the file onto your PI? (or a stick)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
thatlightingguy

GGGss wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:07 am Do you, by any chance, save the file onto your PI? (or a stick)
I have been uploading it from the web interface and then telling it to load that file on boot. Should I be saving it to the pi instead by usb? How do I load a file from USB? I couldn't find it in the folder.
GGGss

Ok - you uploaded the file to the Pi. Then don't use the USB stick, because you are not sure if and how (and where) the USB stick will be mounted next time you boot...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
thatlightingguy

GGGss wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:03 am Ok - you uploaded the file to the Pi. Then don't use the USB stick, because you are not sure if and how (and where) the USB stick will be mounted next time you boot...
Do you know why the file gets lost and removed when I reboot?
GGGss

Does it get lost? Or is it inaccessible?
RaspiPi images don't always like USB-sticks at boot. After boot you normally have to 'stick' them in, so to get discovered and then you can opt to mount a volume to the O.S. Now your stick-files are accessible. With an automated image (like the QLC+ one), the stick won't probably get mounted right before QLC+ wants to load the startup file. So no avail.
The best thing is to save the project file to the raspi memory itself.
markzvo

If it is a large file, it may take some time to upload (maybe 2-4 minutes). So please be patient and ensure the screen has refreshed.

Also, ensure you designate the current file, once uploaded, to autostart (see picture).

You can also check to see if your show file exists in the proper directory - please note it will be automatically renamed to "autostart.qxw"
If a file exists there, QLC+ will autostart with that file.
Run this command:
sudo ls /root/.qlcplus/
and make sure you see "autostart.qxw" in the next line
qlcplus autostart.png