Conflict between Scene and Chaser Buttons in 4.12.5

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
orrinc

This seems to be a new problem in recent versions. I have some Solo Frames containing buttons- some are linked to scenes, while others are linked to chases. I had them in separate Solo Frames, but I wanted them to be mutually exclusive.

Now it seems that if a button calls a chaser that contains a scene that is also called by a different button, the button calling the chaser stops as soon as it gets to any scene called by another button. It blinks and the green frame turns off, and the corresponding scene button momentarily reverses in color.

If I press the button calling the scene directly, it functions properly.

I can work around it by cloning every scene called directly by a button and giving it a new name, then editing the Scene Button to call the new Scene, but that seems very complicated and silly!!

In the older versions (4.10), this works fine!

I have attached the QXW file: for example, in the "Background Scenes" Frame, the "Fade Blue" and "Fade Pink" buttons do not work as described above! I "fixed" "Fade Purple" by creating a "Purple Scene 1A" and re-directing the "Purple Scene" button to it . . .

In the "Front LED Colors" Frame, the "FAST" and "SLOW" buttons, which create a chase with the other colors, no longer work!

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
Corazon Performing Arts - 06-30-2021h.qxw
(167.96 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
GGGss

Reusing scenes in solo-frames is risky. Whatever version you run.
Say you have two solo frames. The same scene is included in both.
Starting the scene in one solo frame will also start the scene in the other.
That's nature...
Now all other scenes inside the latter solo frame will be reset (as a solo frame is intended to do). And vice versa.
If you need a scene to be used in chasers and can also be called directly in a solo frame, you need to duplicate that scene.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
orrinc

Thank you. I did end up duplicating all of the scenes! Very tedious, but it did solve the problem!