Audio Trigger does not receive audio

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
ValerioP72

Hi All,
Nice to meet you. I am new to QLC+ and light shows. I am also new to this community.
Before posting here I went through all manuals, many video tutorials and I read a lot of similar posts.
I thank you all who contributed to such great content. This is a fantastic community of professionals and the QLC+ software is simply great.

However, despite all my researches, I could not find any working solution for me, so I decided to write here.

I am running Win10 Pro, QLC+ 4.12.4 and using Virtual DJ 2021. I rerouted VDJ audio to a virtual cable (that works), mapped it as Input to QLC+, but no signal is received.
Also the level monitor in the Input/Output Audio settings does not show any level.
I've also connected VDJ to QLC via OS2L and it works, but I could find no solution for audio.
Maybe there is another way to achieve my goal, which is just being able to control lights with music beats.

I have reported all information, such as screenshots and configuration details in the attached PDF file. My simple test workspace is also attached.

I apologize in advance if the solution could be trivial for you, but I am new to this world ...

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Valerio
Attachments
prova1.qxw
(5.27 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
My Audio Trigger problem.pdf
(338.23 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
GGGss

Sorry to say, but in Windows, the audio levels are very low. So relying on audio to get clear triggers won't work.
OSL2 is a completely different kind of signal than audio - so the one working has nothing to do with the other not working, at all.
Now as a general rule: don't use the same universe for input as output.
(a working solution could be: have another program do the audio-analysis and have that other program send Artnet info to QLC+. Now you can use these triggers to forward your chaser.)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
ValerioP72

Hi Fredje,
Thank you very much for your reply and suggestions.

Please could you suggest a program I could use as a working solution? If I got it properly, this program should get audio input from VDJ (through Virtual Cable) and then send Artnet output to QLC+.
Then, to my simple workspace, how should I configure Universe 2 to separate Input from Output as your recommended?

My guess:
Universe 1: Input = OS2L Line; Output = DMX USB
Universe 2: Input = Artnet (127.0.0.1); Output Artnet (127.0.0.1). I.e same, nothing or other?

Please forgive me if I am so new to this world and potentially post trivial questions.

Thank you very much for your help.

Valerio
GGGss

ValerioP72 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:49 pm Universe 1: Input = OS2L Line; Output = DMX USB
Do not do this ... keep inputs separated from outputs.
U1 DMX out
U3 OSL2 in
U4 Artnet in (VDJ) 127.0.0.1
Doing so will help you debugging afterwards.

I am not promoting any commercial product. The one that works fine for my usage is Lightjams. Very complex to learn and to be paid for. And you probably need a 2nd computer.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore