4.12.3 flickering LEDs

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
ajkreider

Hello all.

We've been using QLC+ on a raspberry pi in our ballroom for a number of years with great results. Last week, we upgraded to a new raspberry pi and downloaded the latest build of QLC+ from this site. Since then, we've had problems with control for the lights. Pasted in below is the list of issues. Would reverting to an earlier version of the program be a possibility here - or what else might be at play?

Thanks much,
Andrew

Sending commands to LED lights via ArtNet plugin:
-Lights change to correct color, but immediately start flickering/strobing and won’t stop until turned off
-Only happening on Raspberry Pi, QLC+ on a PC does not cause this with the exact same programming
-Tested multiple Raspberry Pis (3B+ and 4B-8GB RAM) and multiple high speed microSD cards with the same result

Is there an updated version of the software for the Pi? Or perhaps some previous versions we could test?

We’re running Raspberry Pi OS to retain VNC capability. If we cannot get it to work with Raspberry Pi OS, we can switch to using the prebuilt QLC+ image.
GGGss

ajkreider wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:46 pm we can switch to using the prebuilt QLC+ image
Please do... that is the only real supported Raspi solution.
I don't have a clue what causes the flickering without deeply monitoring 'who sends what to where'
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
SCLisi

GGGss wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:36 am
ajkreider wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:46 pm we can switch to using the prebuilt QLC+ image
Please do... that is the only real supported Raspi solution.
Is that documented anywhere? I was unable to find that - I thought all compiled and downloadable current versions were supported.
GGGss

To be clear: There is a predefined, preconfigured, working out-of-the-box Raspberry Pi image, which can be obtained by donating to the dev team.
With this image, the raspi boots directly with QLC+ working.
Debugging flickering issues requests quite some investigation time and knowing the start on which base, is very helpful in that case.
Compiled version relies on so many other variables that this is even a tad harder to investigate...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
ambra

Try setting the Artnet output transmission mode to "Partial" instead of "Full". This solved the problem for me.