Exit QLC+ without confirmation dialog?

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
Bigfoot

Hi folks,

I was searching a lot in the internet and in this forum but did not really find an answer to what I’m looking for (maybe due to the fact that I’m the only weird guy looking for it :( ).
I’m running QLC+ on a Win10 PC beside the media center in a home theater setup controlling the light scenes for the room. This all works like a charm :) . As the whole setup is controlled by a home automation system to start and shutdown all devices in the right order I use to remote shutdown the PC as well. As QLC+ askes for confirmation when exiting this blocks the entire shutdown process. For sure one can use the “force” flag for shutdown but that’s not really the nice way from my perspective. A second scenario is that when the PC goes to suspend mode and wakes up again QLC+ loses connection to my USB DMX interface so the only way to re-establish it is to close QLC+ and restart it again. Due to the confirmation dialog this is a manual process. I therefore searched for possibilities with automation tools like AutoIt to press the “Yes” button automatically when closing QLC+ but this is close to impossible as there is no information on the controls from Qt applications which can be used by AutoIt to determine the handle of the buttons.

Therefore my question to the experts is if there is a way or option to allow QLC+ to exit without asking for confirmation.

Thanks a lot for your help
lorenzoandreani

I too have the same question, is it possible to disable QLC+ closing confirmation message?
GGGss

No there is not such an option.
But you can kill the process.
Look for the process ID in the [windows] + [r] + [taskmgr] + [enter]
Unsaved alterations will be lost!
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Yestalgia

If you're using home automation stuff I'm sure you could setup a PowerShell script to send Alt+F4 then Enter to confirm closing it.

Run the PowerShell script on startup to listen for your home automation cue then send the keys.
lorenzoandreani

QLC+ is installed (and always running) on ​​a server with no monitor.
Whenever the server needs to be shut down by pressing the physical on/off button the QLC+ software slows down the server's operation because it doesn't shut down.

Now I'm doing some tests, I think I'll use a script that starts when the operating system is shut down..... but this doesn't make sense, it would be more logical to have an option in QLC+ that disable the shutdown message.
GGGss

I don't agree - this feature is for a too-specific case... Kill the process is easier done even from within QLC+ (Script)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Yestalgia

Let me have a look at the code and see what I can come up with
lorenzoandreani

GGGss wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:34 am I don't agree - this feature is for a too-specific case... Kill the process is easier done even from within QLC+ (Script)
They're just different opinions, but in this case, QLC+ is blocking the PC from shutting down.

I simply want to press the physical on/off button on the pc to power off the pc that has no monitor and no keyboard attached.

I understand that there may be workarounds to do this.
GGGss

lorenzoandreani wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:14 pm I simply want to press the physical on/off button on the pc to power off the pc that has no monitor and no keyboard attached.
1st: What is the setting of 'when I press the on/off button' -> in what state do you put the O.S. in? Hibernation? Standby? Real Off-state?
The thing is: if we want to detect a shutdown, we need to know the correct signal the O.S. gives to the applications for these to react.

2nd: Do you run QLC+ in Kiosk mode? In this mode a shutdown event 'should' be without a warning...
Jonas

Hi,

I'm also interested in this feature, in kiosk mode, not design mode.

I'm using QLC+ in a self service video studio with vMix and Companion in Windows 10. I want to restart the computer every night to have a fresh start in the morning to avoid bugs. But the confirmation dialog stops the shut down.

In kiosk mode, you can't make any changes so is the dialog really necessary?
janosvitok

This patch adds new command line switch that skips the confirmation in kiosk mode. Only for V4. Not tested.
Feel free to do with this whatever you want :-)

Jano
Attachments
quick-kiosk-exit.diff
(2.82 KiB) Downloaded 23 times