differences

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
ponge

Hello

I have two computers with the same version of Q light 4, on win 10. I copy the same file on both computers, one does not play the RGB matrices (chasers work!) in the show and the traditional console is not configured!! Do you have any idea?

Thanks !
sbenejam

Have you copied the same installer or the qlcplus.exe executable only?.
To run QLC+ on both computers, QLC+ must be fully installed on both computers. Not only copy qlcplus.exe.
ponge

Thanks for your answer

yes I have installed Q+ from the orignal download on the two PCS; I don't find the difference, it's very strange.
GGGss

I suggest that you uninstall QLC+ and reinstall it under 'Administrative' rights. I have seen some problems with newer Qt-components not being registered correctly. Therefore you need to run the installer 'as administrator' and later on, running QLC+ also as an administrator.

My 2cts
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
ponge

GGGss wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:58 am I suggest that you uninstall QLC+ and reinstall it under 'Administrative' rights. I have seen some problems with newer Qt-components not being registered correctly. Therefore you need to run the installer 'as administrator' and later on, running QLC+ also as an administrator.

My 2cts
Thanks i am going to try

here's differences betwenn PC 1 (doesn't run correctly) and PC2 (runs)

[youtube]https://youtu.be/4-0WEv-fyZs[/youtube]
GGGss

1st comment: don't use 'traversé' option ... that is only needed when you get input from somewhere and want to output this input to somewhere else.
ScreenHunter_79 May. 27 12.55.png
Please click on the line 'DMX USB' and choose options. There could be an indication that your interface is addressable but not connected.
(Reinstall the drivers for the interface)
ScreenHunter_81 May. 27 13.02.png
Do you get a warning on PC1 saying it has not had the required fixture definitions? On PC1 your Universe 1 is not showing any fixtures installed (!) on simple desk.
ScreenHunter_80 May. 27 13.00.png
Go to 'fixtures' and verify that your fixtures are in place on Universe 1
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
ponge

GGGss wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:59 am 1st comment: don't use 'traversé' option ... that is only needed when you get input from somewhere and want to output this input to somewhere else.
Please click on the line 'DMX USB' and choose options. There could be an indication that your interface is addressable but not connected.

Do you get a warning on PC1 saying it has not had the required fixture definitions? On PC1 your Universe 1 is not showing any fixtures installed (!) on simple desk.
no I don't get a warning and the virtual consol is ok, I can drive every light on PC 1 !
sbenejam

ponge wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:04 am
GGGss wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:59 am 1st comment: don't use 'traversé' option ... that is only needed when you get input from somewhere and want to output this input to somewhere else.

no I don't get a warning and the virtual consol is ok, I can drive every light on PC 1 !
Can you post your projects used in your computers?.
ponge

sbenejam wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:47 pm
ponge wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:04 am

Can you post your projects used in your computers?.
in what form?
sbenejam

The project file with qxw extension.
ponge

sbenejam wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:30 pm The project file with qxw extension.
Ok find attached
Attachments
projet5.qxw
(69.99 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
sbenejam

I got an error of missing fixtures when opening your project. Have you copied the custom fixtures from one PC to other?.
qlcplus-error.png
GGGss

sbenejam wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:39 pm I got an error of missing fixtures when opening your project. Have you copied the custom fixtures from one PC to other?.

qlcplus-error.png
Already told to OP of the missing fixtures.
That explains why the simple desk is blank...
ponge

sbenejam wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:39 pm I got an error of missing fixtures when opening your project. Have you copied the custom fixtures from one PC to other?.

qlcplus-error.png
Yes I copied all the fixtures on the other pc, the proof is that the virtual console works perfectly on both PC with all the fixtures. On the other hand when I launch the show, it lacks whole passages on PC 1

Moreover I have no error message when opening the file on both PCs.
Last edited by ponge on Fri May 28, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ponge

GGGss wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:21 am

qlcplus-error.png
Already told to OP of the missing fixtures.
That explains why the simple desk is blank...
If so, why does the virtual console work perfectly with all fixtures?
GGGss

In the end, virtual console just plays values to the bus. If it is PAN or a dimmer or whatever doesn't matter. It only sends a value 80 to channel 42 on universe 1.
A fixture definition helps you remembering what channel does what (minimalistic expression - I know) - QLC+ doesn't mind (except for intensities etc etc - but you get my point)
ponge

GGGss wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:22 pm In the end, virtual console just plays values to the bus. If it is PAN or a dimmer or whatever doesn't matter. It only sends a value 80 to channel 42 on universe 1.
A fixture definition helps you remembering what channel does what (minimalistic expression - I know) - QLC+ doesn't mind (except for intensities etc etc - but you get my point)
I am sure there is all fixture definitions in the right file on the two pcs.. On the PC1 in the show each fixture plays but not all the time.
sbenejam

ponge wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:54 pm
GGGss wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:22 pm In the end, virtual console just plays values to the bus. If it is PAN or a dimmer or whatever doesn't matter. It only sends a value 80 to channel 42 on universe 1.
I am sure there is all fixture definitions in the right file on the two pcs.. On the PC1 in the show each fixture plays but not all the time.
Make sure you have your fixture definitions in the fixtures folder in the right path.

https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... ser-folder
ponge

sbenejam wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:04 pm
Make sure you have your fixture definitions in the fixtures folder in the right path.

Yes they are, moreover some tracks of the show operate them
ponge

sbenejam wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:04 pm

I did the operation on a third PC and everything is going very well. I give up the idea of solving the problem of this PC number 1. There is a bug somewhere but it is very strange. There is no logical explanation. Thank you for helping me.