[solved] Trying to control Hue lights

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
moddien

Hi everyone!

for quite some time I am looking for a solution to control my Philips Hue lights with QLC+.
First i used dmx-hue by sinedied but it wont run on the same Pi as QLC so I used a seperate Pi Zero for it, but a few weeks ago it suddenly stopped working for no reason (its paired with the bridge but says no lights found). Not even reinstalling the dmx-hue-Pi worked.

So I went for this https://github.com/bahamas10/hue-cli
It runs on the same Pi as QLC+ and it works well from the Pi command line but it won't from QLC.

Code: Select all

systemcommand:/bin/sh arg:/home/pi/hue-off-all.sh
is what my script looks like

hue-off-all.sh:

Code: Select all

#! /bin/sh
hue lights off
Is it right that QLC+ executes systemcommands as root? hue-cli is working from both root and pi users in the terminal
Also I noticed that hue-cli needs up to a second to execute my command. I tried hue lights off & in the sh file but no success.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot and stay healthy!

Edit: It works now! I had other lines in the same script (startfunction) but as soon as only the systemcommand is in the script it works!
Now I try triggering that command-only script from the other one to automate stuff the way I want. If this is the last edit, it works as expected. Cheers =]
GGGss

Congrats solving your problem ;-)

Out of interest... what frame rate can be achieved with the Hue-range of lights and 2nd question: how many lights are on your string?
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore