Strange Scripting Problem

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Mac OSX operating system
jlthla

I'm using QLC for some night time lighting at home. Nothing fancy, just some LED Fixtures that change colors occasionally. Everything has been rock solid, but I've upgraded my computer, and now things are a bit wonky.

I have a shell script set to open a particular Project and the app, and to set the app to Operate mode. When I run the shell script in Terminal, everything works just like it should, but when I automate the timing of the script, I get an error message that the light fixture can't be found. I've put the fixture file in both the user/library/application support/qlc/fixtures folder, and a copy in the application/contents/resources/fixtures folder as well. Same behavior. When I run the shell script in Terminal, it works. When my automation system runs the exact same script file, I get the fixture error.

Just some other notes: If I click on the Project file to open the app, it works. But if I just open the app and then try to open the Project file, the project file looks like its available, but I can't select it... or anything else from the Open dialog box.

So, even if I just kind of start over, and create a new fixture definition, I don't see / can't find it in the list fixtures from within the app.

Any suggestions?
sandinak

That sounds like the user running home automation isn't the same user as when you run in Terminal. I'd try adding something ln the top of your script like:

Code: Select all

d=$(date)
id=$(id)
echo "$d $id" >> /tmp/automated.qlc.log 
And see what it thinks.