Help Q Light can't see the ENTTEC USB PRO!!

The issues found when using the Input/Output Manager panel
mpfiscus

so I'm new to PC Lighting control and was trying MANY different programs and came across Q Light and liked it got it all setup and working with the other programs installed so I uninstalled the other programs to save on hard drive space and now Q Light won't see the ENTTEC USB PRO device but if I load the Pro Utility v2 program I can see it and control my lights with it but the GUI SUCKS!!! Ive tried reinstalling the FTDI Drivers and the Pro Manager program and nothing helps Q Light to see/control the ENTTEC USB PRO.
GGGss

Which O.S.?
On windows it surely is the FTDI driver - have a look at your device management, when unplugging/plugging in the Enttec.
And you cannot run the Pro Manager together with QLC+. The Pro Manager uses a propriety language.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mpfiscus

I'm using
App: QLC+ version 4.112.3
Dongle: ENTTEC DMX USB PRO

I have tried uninstalling everything including going into File explorer and manually deleting residual folders not removed by the uninstaller, then re installing everything and yet QLC+ doesn't find the dongle. device manager sees the dongle and thinks that it is working properly. I have to get it up and running by April 10 for a show (fingers crossed).
SPS

Stupid question: does the Enttec appear in the input/output tab? I use it myself on Win10 and no problem whatsoever..
GGGss

Matt,

If you like, I can set up a remote session so we can compare versions of the drivers...
After installing the drivers __with administrator__ rights, it should work out of the box.
If the pro manager is seeing the interface, the presence is confirmed.
Next, I would uninstall QLC+ and reinstall it __under administrator rights__ - then the Enttec should appear in your in- output tab.

Brake a leg
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
CoS2000

I dont know i can help with this information, but i had little probs at the beginning with this device. The installation manual says: first install the ftdi driver, after that connect the device - this doesnt work. I can install the driver, but when i connect the device it doesnt shown on device list in windows and qlc.

First connect the device and after this install the driver - this is the only way how it works...

Another problem i had with the ftdi driver on the cd, that delivered with the device. Install process running and running and running and never stop. The device was detected, qlc shows is, but driver setup run and run...Pressing cancle in the setup will deinstall all installed files - only way to exit without cancel was to stop installation was to kill the task in task manager...after that all works fine!