Deprecated functions in latest libftdi1

edogawa

Hey,

the openSUSE libftdi package got updated to newest version 1.5 around a week ago. This release has marked a few functions as deprecated, and these could still be used by setting a define in source code.

But the needed changes are trivial to implement, just call new replacement functions with the same struct parameter as before.

I've made a patch and attach it here rather than do a proper github pull request, for now. This patch just changes the code because for my RPM package branch in openSUSE build service I can guarantee that this latest libftdi is used when building for any of my target distros.

Generally, I believe, the proper way to deal with would be to add a check for the libftdi version using its own API, and use the older or newer calls accordingly.
Attachments
qlcplus-qt5-git-ftdi1.5.patch
(2.72 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
edogawa

A month later, I've already forgotten about this and got hit by the deprecation errors again after resetting my working directory to upstream master...

So I just updated the patch to be conditional, depending on what libftdi version is found by qmake, and created a pull request:

https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/pull/1273