Speed dial controls speed of non assigned function in animation widget

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
keukenrol

Hi

I have defined some RGB matrix functions which should have a predefined speed (like noise). I have used a speed dial and an animation widget (DNA symbol) to be able to select functions and their corresponding colors.
However, when I select the noise function for example, the speed of this function is controlled by the speed dial, despite the noise function is not in the speed dial.
What am I missing here?
It seems the speed dial controls every function for the assigned fixture group.

Thanks!
GGGss

keukenrol wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:33 pm ... controlled by the speed dial, despite the noise function is not in the speed dial.
What do you mean?
The speed dial sets the speed of the functions 'hold' time (if you select this)
There is no 'noise speed' - unless you define a speed-dial preset..
keukenrol wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:33 pm What am I missing here?
It seems the speed dial controls every function for the assigned fixture group.
No, it surely does not - it only adopts the speed of function (chaser, EFX, animations, ... etc) of the chosen functions the speed dial has control of.
If you are referring to the effect preset of an RGB Matrix - yes the speed dial will control all effect-speed in one RGB Matrix
This has nothing to do with the group of fixtures.

Your solution can be found:
- you define a preset in speedcontrol (for the noise 'fixed' selected speed)
- clone your RGB matrix - only for the noise with fixed speed (and the speed-control does not influence this RGB matrix speed)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
keukenrol

Allright, thats it indeed. All my functions are under a single RGB matrix. I was not aware the speed dial controls the matrix. Thanks!
About noise, there is a RGB matrix function called noise, i was referring to that as an example ;).