Loading via command line

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
gaztech

Hi. I have a very specific installation that demands the following:

1) System is turned on. On switch on, the computer controlling the system boots automatically, so do all the lamp fixtures.

2) After counting xx seconds (to wait for the all the fixtures to initialise), QLC+ launches and loads a configuration which then sets all the lighting fixtures to a particular scene.

I can deal with 1) and 2) "after xx seconds" QLC+ launches".

I'm having difficulty with the config load. Loading a pre-set .qxl file on launch loads up all the fixtures but I cannot recall the last used scene - even if I save the qxl file with the scene pre-set.

Is there a way to capture the "scene" along with the qxl file with the fixture info - or do I have to load a scene after the fixtures have been loaded. Bear in mind that all the client will have is an ON-OFF switch - or maybe it will be all on a timer. Therefore the "scene" also has to be loaded via a schedule or batch file via command line.

Using: qlcplus -o st.qxw only starts the program and loads the fixtures.

The LOAD of the system needs to load up the fixtures AND the scene at the same time so that all the lighting fixtures then move to their pre-determined positions. There is no need to move them after that.

Is this possible using the command line interface? Or am I missing something very fundamental here. Any pointers you can give would be useful.

Thanks!
janosvitok

add -p command line to start in "operate" mode https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... eters.html

set your scene as autostart in Functions Manager, https://www.qlcplus.org/docs/html_en_EN ... nager.html look for this icon: Image
gaztech

Thanks for the reply.

Now I get it... I didn't realise that you can stack commands one after the other. I now have it running when the program starts. I just need to now add a scene to go with it!

I think this is going to do what I need. Result. :)
gaztech

Hi,

Loading the qxw file now works and drops into operate mode. That's great. I now need to just make it do something.

I'm a complete newbie here so please bear with me...

Ok, so, playing around with this, I've created a scene with three functions, added a chaser which calls the 3 functions. If I click on the chaser in the list in design mode, the chaser window comes up. I click on PLAY in this window and it does everything I want it to do (for the moment at least). I can select timings and can create some nice stuff. At this point, that's is all I need to do.

I now need to save this chaser function somehow as a "complete function" so that ultimately the "operate" mode button at the top right of the screen now turns this chase function on and off as it does when the chaser setup window is showing. I'm sure it's a simple thing to do but I can't work out how to link it to the button.

If I can get it to do that then when I load up the qxw file in "operate mode", the chase function will run. I'm sorry if I'm being really stupid here but I would think that a simple task like this would be more intuitive. For those of you who are experts in Qlc+ explaining should be a 2 minute thing I'm sure...

Can anyone please advise on this? I obviously don't understand the relationships between functions, cues and show. I would think that functions are part of a cue and cues are a function of a show but I can't work out how to link these elements together! Do I need to create a show or any cues in order to achieve what I need here?

I need to get this sorted out pretty quick if possible.

Thanks guys!
janosvitok

Functiom is a general term for Scenes, Chasers, collections, shows, etc. Anything you can run. See glossary in the documentation.

So your chaser IS a function. You may guess that QLC+ is created by programmers... :) and for its predecessor QLC it was the same.
Go to Functions tab, click on the green flag and select your chaser. That will make it run whenever you switch to operate mode.

Jano