Art-Net DMX device

This is a place for sharing with the community the results you achieved with QLC+, as a sort of use case collection.
You can share photos, videos, personal hardware/software projects, interesting HOWTO that might help other users to achieve great results.
sbenejam

I found this device on eBay.
https://www.electrondigit.com/doc/an6dmx2/an6_02.pdf
https://www.ebay.es/itm/Art-Net-to-DMX- ... SwsAVcuE8q
Does anyone know this device?. I'm considering buying one, but I don't know if it will be compatible with QLC+. For the announced specifications what is your opinion about this device?.
sandinak

So my thoughts:
  • ArtNet is pretty straight forward UDP traffic over Ethernet.. so as long as the network interface is good .. this should work reasonably well.
  • Says it supports up to 6 U .. i'd strongly suggest using Unicast where practical as multicast beats on all the interfaces in the same network
  • I've done alot with ArtNet -> Raspi -> DMX Hat which for the cost is about the same price point and that's 1 U. So for needs beyond 512 channels this would be nice.
  • Docs seem well detailed and clear.
If you do get one, i'd really appreciate a Product Report here on what you find .. this would be a useful tool to have in the bag for deploying lighting
GGGss

Rest assured that this product works very well ... I have multiple of them and the creator already did some custom builds for me.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sbenejam

GGGss wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am Rest assured that this product works very well ... I have multiple of them and the creator already did some custom builds for me.
Can you explain the custom builds of this device?. I'll probably order it this week.
GGGss

I'll answer this in PM - since I'm gone reveal personal info about the developer
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
sandinak

I just ordered some of his DMX -> SPI for my students to work with .. i'll post an update here when those get in.
sbenejam

I ordered one of these Artnet devices. I will let you know how it works when I have tested it.
sbenejam

sbenejam wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:13 pm I ordered one of these Artnet devices. I will let you know how it works when I have tested it.
I just received this device and it seems to work with QLC+ out of the box. I only did a quick test with only one device connected and I didn't notice any issues. I will do more testings soon.
JoviSambora

I use this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/KMtronic-USB-t ... 1180285170

Works fine with QLC+, metal case and Opto-Isolated
sbenejam

sbenejam wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:04 pm I found this device on eBay.
https://www.electrondigit.com/doc/an6dmx2/an6_02.pdf
https://www.ebay.es/itm/Art-Net-to-DMX- ... SwsAVcuE8q
Does anyone know this device?. I'm considering buying one, but I don't know if it will be compatible with QLC+. For the announced specifications what is your opinion about this device?.
As I told you, today I show you the ArtNet AN6DMX2 device I finally bought. I had to build some cables with XL3 connectors and one with a power connector.
The AN6DMX2 has 6 ports that can be configured as input or output ports. I have configured it with 5 output ports and one input port. You can configure the ArtNet / sACN universe for each port on the device and also configure the same universe on the ports you want.
One feature you have is that port 6 if configured as a DMX input can control the channels of all ports with an RGB or RGBW pattern. Thinking that this functionality could be used to use it as a DMX splitter I contacted the developer and he made a modification to the firmware to be able to use it as a DMX splitter, all the input channels of port 6 they are sent to all ports.
Apart from all the above the device has many configuration possibilities and different uses, in the manual you will find the features and options. Attached are some photos of the device.
AN6DMX2.jpg
IMG_20201111_200223.jpg
Torrent.jpg
GGGss

I like the idea of using it as a splitter ...
Completely different firmware or a can this feature be selected by the interface?
I see he created a black case - nice nice ... mine are pale yellow-ish

[edit: my hardware isn't compatible with the new firmware - oh well... maybe the next one or two will be ;-)]
sbenejam

GGGss wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:48 am I like the idea of using it as a splitter ...
Completely different firmware or a can this feature be selected by the interface?
I see he created a black case - nice nice ... mine are pale yellow-ish

[edit: my hardware isn't compatible with the new firmware - oh well... maybe the next one or two will be ;-)]
In the stock firmware the DMX input on port 6 is send to ports 1-5 in a RGB o RGBW pattern if channel 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 are greater than 0. Port 6 channels(1,2,3 or 1,2,3,4(in RGBW mode)) proliferate to 123,123,123,123...... or 1234,1234,1234... In the firmware with splitter function If channels 1 or 2 or 3 value is greater than 0 then Port 6 channels copied to ports 1-5 channels.
Julzdawson

I use this ArtNet device, KWMATIK ART-NET DMX512 gate 'Pro-myk v1.2'. It works fine with QLC+ (not sure which version, how do you find out?) on a Mac (OS version 10.13.6). I bought it on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284215772187 ... %7Ciid%3A1

Don't be put off by it's Polish origin.
GGGss

^^ this smells like unsolicited publicity ^^
but hey - thanks for the lead