Error trying to use Fixture Editor on Raspbian

The issues found when using the Fixture Definition Editor application
jpearson0525

I have the QLC+ on a buster based system of Raspbian. QLCplus -Version 4.12.2, bash version 5.0.3(1), Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster). When the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ boots up the system automatically logon and starts qlcplus. Nice. However, to get to the fixture editor, I believe I have to stop qlcplus then start up qlcplus-fixtureeditor. In the process, qlcplus also logout of the system and I have to re-logon. When I attempt to start qlcplus-fixtureeditor, I get the error message of "qt.qpa.screen: QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display. Could not connect to any X display." I've tried all of the workaround I could find, but no luck.

Is there another way to exit the main application to get to the fixture editor that keeps the display accessible?

Suggestions?

Cheers, Jim.
mcallegari

If you are in the official buster image, add this option to the command

Code: Select all

-platform eglfs
jpearson0525

Thank you. That fixed it.
Jim.
jpearson0525

Next Question - how do you exit from the qlcplus-fixtureeditor? Don't see an exit button like on the main qlcplus! I have found I can start a second session, find the task and kill it. Would not like to have to have laptop around to SSH in to kill session.

I found after stopping qlcplus, I could not restart it again without getting the original error reported for qlcplus-fixtureeditor. Tried the -platform eglfs option and it worked. However, the qlcplus window only occupied 1/4 of the screen. (Screen is 2k screen about 2560×1440)

Suggestions on exiting qlcplus-fixtureeditor and restarting qlcplus with full screen?
Jim.