No DMX Output with Entec open dmx usb

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
Gambler13

Hi there,

i´m trying to controll 4x Fungeneration Separ with QLC+ and Entec open dmx interface. I can see and select the interface with the Serial Number in the Output Tab and load presets for my Lights but it seems like there is no DMX Output to the light if i try to controll it. I´m using Win10 and installed the latest drivers for the Interface but can´t get the lights to work. Can someone help me with this Problem ?
GGGss

Many possibilities why 'they don't work'

Any hints on the fixtures that DMX signals are being transmitted?
Build a cheap DMX tester to see that signals are present
Check A+ and A- data for correct polarity
lower DMX frequency
make sure your fixtures are listening to the right address
make sure QLC+ is addressing your fixtures correctly
check cables for defects (cheap micro cables sometimes come in an unbalanced version and these you cannot use)
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Gambler13

Thank you for your quick answer.
I tried differnt programms, cables and fixtures and it´s still not working.
QLC+ shows me that it´s connected to the interface and i tried lowering the frequency and it shows me good system timer accuracy.
After i set the fixtures to the right adress and mode the display of the fixture starts flashing and thats an indicator that they recieve no dmx signal, so it seems like that my interface is not working correct. I´ve installed the drives from the website but its still not working.
GGGss

GGGss wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:58 am Build a cheap DMX tester to see that signals are present
Check A+ and A- data for correct polarity
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore