Blackout button double-label

The issues found when using the Virtual Console
Puddleglum

Downloaded one of the new Windows builds that would allow setting the workspace size. Works great... Except...

I found the Blackout button function.

Only. It displays the label that I created as well as what I assume is the element ID Black\nOut.

Any tips:
2020-03-22-144554_1920x1080_scrot.png
edogawa

This also happens under Linux, as soon as you switch to B/O mode the text field becomes insensitive but the text still will be displayed.

I haven't noticed that happening before... but I haven't used B/O buttons much in the past, either, so no idea when it crept in...

As a temporary workaround, you can get rid of your self-created text (it also shows any default text that was there before switching to B/O mode) by switching to another mode, erasing the button text and switching back to B/O again...
edogawa

Here's a simple solution and I attach the source code patch to deal with this.

I thought the easiest way would be to just not draw the text in blackout mode. I tested it and it does what it should do.

I post the patch here before going the github pull request route, maybe Massimo wants to just pick it up from here, or comment on it in case there's a better way to deal with it...

"all functions off" is a similar case, as there's also a certain expected functionality and an icon presenting that, IMO that would be sufficient.
Attachments
qlcplus-buttontext.patch
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 65 times
Puddleglum

edogawa wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:55 pm This also happens under Linux, as soon as you switch to B/O mode the text field becomes insensitive but the text still will be displayed.
It probably doesn't make a difference, but I should have added: I designed on the recent build in Windows so that I could set my size to 16x9 and am using on a Fedora (31?) box with a previous build that doesn't allow the canvas/screen size to be changed. Same behavior on both operating systems.