MIDI output on multiple channels for the same device

Ask a generic question about the usage of QLC+, not related to a particular operating system
pille

hey,

i'm using QLC+ 4.12.2 and try to incorporate the Novation Launch Control XL USB MIDI controller into my setup.
this worked well for the input so far. it has 16 virtual banks that are mapped to the physical controls that generate MIDI events on channels.

however - the controller has LEDs that can be controlled via MIDI output on the respective channels.
the problem is, that i can either assign a specific channel and control LEDs for that bank (only), or use '1-16', which also only controls the first channel/bank. (the latter does what it should for the input)

how do i accomplish to address the LEDs of all banks, since i cannot create multiple individual output channels for each bank, as it's the same device.
Yestalgia

Hey Pille,

I'm working on this as I've got a FaderPort 16 which needs this functionality. Haven't found anything as yet. Will report back if I end up finding anything.

Cheers
GGGss

Hmm, so every bank of the device needs a separate midi address?
Have a look here - it might give you a hint: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8340&p=35988&hilit= ... ile#p35988
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Yestalgia

I've made a post about the Faderport 16 now.

The best way I've found to do this is by using software called loopMIDI and MIDIOX.

Create as many loops as you need individual channel outputs, then simply route each channel output (qlc+ midi universe) to the device in MIDIOX. Screenshots below:
Loop.PNG
Loop.PNG (11.67 KiB) Viewed 449 times
MIDIOX Channel Setup.PNG
QLC+ Universes.PNG