Need lights to default to a certain scene after a show/song stops playing

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Windows operating system
JayCrushBass

Hi guys,

I have the following setup,

Qlc+ 4.12.2
Controlled with a Novation Launchpad MKII

I have setup everything and it's all working perfectly. The band I'm in use backing tracks and I have created a show for each song and programmed the lights accordingly.

That leaves me with 24 pads on the Launchpad that start or stop a certain backing track Red for Off Green for playing.

Now what I want to do is this. When the track is finished or the playback is stopped (either end of track or play stopped by pressing button again) I need the lights to go to a default scene. Any ideas

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers Jay
GGGss

A 'background' cue isn't implemented. (Almost no desks have this), so you will have to be creative.
When a show is pre-programmed, I prefer to have a 'reset all' cue, re-initialising every channel (just as a precaution - you don't want mechanical movers have a stuck gobo or color)
Then I prefer to have a sequence called 'fire-up' which sets all channels with a specific aspect of a fixture. (f.i. HQI fixtures need a 5 second macro to fire up the bulb)

Then house lights and a general stage look <- this is what you are after.
I would encapsulate every song in its own sequence with a dummy step set to infinite hold. Next step would call general stage look.

For this last step in the sequence to fire I would manually give it a 'go' (proceeding to the next step in the sequence).

1 button on your matrix would be responsible for this. But hey you will get in trouble because this button is bound to all song-encapsulated songs.
Giving it a go - all songs would fire.

Now it gets a little complex...
With frames you can filter to which control sequence the 'go' goes. Thru the use of loopback channels you can set / reset the state of the frame.
When you 'go' it only gives the 'go' to the respective enabled frame. Inside there is the button bound to 1 launchpad control. Again through loopback a press on this command would give the 'go' to the last step inside the sequence.
So now the first cue inside the encapsulating sequence would enable the frame (for the last 'go' to work when finished).
And the last step would be the disable command of that frame.

A lot of virtual loopback channels doing all the mambo-jambo to work.
To remember:
An encapsulating sequence per song
1st step enabling the frame
song
dummy step with infinite hold
the 'go' command proceeds the sequence
stage-look
and disables the frame again.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore