RGB matrix with multiple color arguments instead of beginning/end

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
schorsch

Hello,
as I already wrote in my last request I really like the color matrix tool. Unfortunatly there was a design decission of the matrix, that in my opinion could be improved. Currently led matrix version 1 allows two color arguments, but they are not accessable in the API. The API just allows to use one color, which is calculated automatically before by interpolation between color one and color two. I know, that one could fake color selection by abusing API version 2 with multiple predefined colors, but this is not as flexible as a color picker.
For many light operators two different colors are essential, like red+white, blue+red, green+red, etc. It would be cool to have the option to select a set of colors and access those directly in the api.
My suggestion is an API update with a new option to select a color set (e.g. an array) that one can fully access. If you consider this to be an option, it would be cool to implement a multi-color-led-matrix feature first to have access not just to rgb colors, but also to cold white, warm white, amber, lime, UV, etc.
Greetings Georg
lukys

Hello Georg,

I am struggling with the same idea. This feature will be absolutely great for me also. I wrote some custom scripts with temporary variables, but you need to do in first step :( Did you solve this somehow? I am thinking about custom nodejs peace of software (without UI, only with console and simple pickers) :D But I like QLC+ a lot...

Thanks a lot,
Lukas