RGB matrix upgrade to generic multi-color-matrix

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
schorsch

Hello,
for me the rgb matrix is still one of the most useful tool, but I've to say, that it is a little outdated, because Xin1 fixtures are more and more common. Today amber and white are very common. We have a lot of rgbaw+uv fixtures and it is a pitty, that I can not use the matrix tool anymore for my projects.
I read, that version 5 is still pending and I wanted to ask, if it would be a big deal to implement a more complex color matrix tool to take advantage of all the great led fixtures in QLC 4. QLC 4 already has a lot of led options, like cold white, warm white, amber, lime, UV and much more.
Maybe I could contribute some code as well, if I wouild get some advice. C++ is not my favorite language, but to implement a more complex color model I guess is more a question of math as of the programming language.
I would appreciate an answer to that request a lot. In case of a talk aboude the code, please send me an PM options to have a voice chat.
Greetings Georg
TimGremalm

That would be great, but since RGB is used everywhere in QLC I purpose another solution. If we add color profiles to fixtures we can complement RGB areas with other color channels. This way we can use those channels too its fullest potential and it would be compatible with the rest of QLC's interface.

A color profile must have some sort of common presets and a calibration procedure, it feels natural to implement this under fixture channels properties and modifiers.
hansjuergen

Hello Massimo,

I too would like to run an RGB matrix on the RGBW LEDs and another matrix to address the W channels for a white flash or running white light through the matrix.

I see two options: Let QLC understand the available color channels in the matrix and automatically offer multiple matrix instances of e.g. "Panel 1", e.g. "Panel 1 (RGB)", "Panel 1 (W)", "Panel 1 (A)" and "Panel 1 UV".
Alternatively, there could be a dropdown in the RGB matrix setting, making the color addressable: "RGB (fdefault)", "White", "Amber", and "UV".

What would be your preference?