Send MIDI to Linux Show Player

Ask a question about the usage of QLC+ with the Linux operating system
sbenejam

I'm trying to send midi notes to Linux Show Player. I created an input profile but Linux Show Player don't receive midi notes (note_on, note_off). Anyone have used QLC+ to send midi to Linux Show Player from QLC+?.
I tried a bunch of different setups and Linux Show Player cannot receive midi from QLC+. Linux Show Player receives midi for example from a VMPK. QLC+ receives midi from VMPK.
What I'm doing wrong?.
I attached the input profile that I'm using. OS Ubuntu 18.04, QLC+ 4.12.2.
Attachments
Santi-LiSP.qxi
(7.59 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
edogawa

Are you sure you don't confuse something here? Maybe I misunderstand, but:

You write that you try to send MIDI from QLC to LiSP, but the file you attached is an input profile for QLC, so it will interpret messages coming from LiSP.

I'm pretty confident QLC can't even send MIDI messages on its own when moving VC or simple desk controls, there's nothing related in the fixture data, so it doesn't really make sense to me. Output ports exist mostly for sending feedback to input controllers to move motorized faders or turn on button lights, or to send sync messages and such.

Also (at least that's how I understand it) an input profile is just a means to assign somewhat meaningful names to arbitrary MIDI comands (like "Korg NanoKontrol2 1: Slider 1" instead of e.g. "194: ?"), and thus is helpful, but not really needed for this functionality to be working.

Maybe describe what workflow you try to achieve? I guess you want to contol one program by the other, but which? direction of signal flow matters ...
sbenejam

I'm trying to trigger Linux Show Player cues. I think you gave me the solution I send a value from QLC+ to LiSP and it's working. A cue in linux show player is configured to react to note 22 I configured a button in VC to send the channel 23 to LiSP and works as expected.
Many thanks!!
;-)
andres robles

Hi sbenejam!
Once I had to solve something similar but with OSC commands from QLC to mapmap ...

I managed to give OSC commands from QLC to MapMap through an application called OSCSEND and with a qlc system script with obs commands ... then I just had to make collections with "Lighting scenes and scripts" and assign them to a button ...
OSC is not your case or it seems that lisp does not support it ...
But there may be something similar to oscsend for midi commands.
so that you can create script with midi notes that a supposed midisend receives the command from qlc and sends a note to lisp ....

I hope you understand something and can help you find your solution! :)
sbenejam

Hi Andres, I think I solved it. If I want to send the midi 22 note to LiSP, what I did was send the channel 23 with the value 255.
;-)