Multiple Monitor Views

Request a feature that you would like to see in QLC+.
Explain in details why you would need it and which is your usage case.
sandinak

I have a showfile that has a huge sent of matrix:https://sandsite.org/qlc/2d-view.png ( like >10k dmx addresses ) that I use in a show. I use the 'monitor' view to visualize color choices and basics when doing scene design for the show, and love being able to see the matrixes; however I don't need them all the time. When rendering RGBMatrix .. it's pretty slow and has crashed a few times here and there. I can delete the matrixes and things are much faster and consistently .. however being able to visualize the matrix to test things is very useful.

So feature: Ability to have multiple "Views" in monitor-2d. This way I can setup one where I setup everything when needed .. and one with only core fixtures. I know this might be a niche feature based on my needs.. however others might find it useful.
Ranger762

Wouldn't that be linked to a computer that's not able to handle 2 monitors? Maybe the video card isn't optimised to do this, or there's not enough RAM? If it's the first one, then having a multiple display on one monitor is possible, but if it's the latter, then it'll be slow and janky even on one monitor.
sandinak

I don't think the #'s of monitors is an issue here ( tho screen real estate is FANTASTIC when using multiple windows :) The monitor-2d tooling just opens a subwindow .. my suggestion is to have the ability to store/recall different "2d-views" views in that window beyond the one that is there. From a coding POV should be a matter of extending the XML to store more than one and then updating the window creation with a selection option. If I knew c++ better i'd take a stab at it.